Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2019, 06:12 AM   #1
Bechard

Hanging things in my Bullet Crossfire 2200 BHS

Hi folks,

We purchased our bullet last fall and had a great shakedown run, but now it's time to make it ours with some art and trip photo boards.

I'd like to hang a few of these items, but I'm not sure what I should use to hang them. I'm worried that command hooks will tear the wallpaper and fall off over time, but I also am unsure how thick the walls are, and which length of screw would be appropriate and safe.

My Bullet doesn't have a designated TV mount location, but that would be an inside wall anyhow, and I'm probably waiting until we've had a few more trips to decide where to place the mount.

So folks, what's the best way to hang things that won't give me trouble later?
Bechard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 07:32 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

From what I see, the command strips seem to be the least damaging. The walls are most likely 1/8 or 1/4" paneling, so using screws or nails may not be the best idea.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 07:37 AM   #3
baker.jeff.d

We’ve used command strips to hang pictures & light coats. We’ve not had issues with them damaging the panelling. The only issue we’ve had is if the paneling is not perfectly smooth, the command strip may not stay up. Overall, were quite satisfied with them.
baker.jeff.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:08 AM   #4
slow

Hanging things in my Bullet Crossfire 2200 BHS

For a heavier two tier shelf mounted to the inside of an foam filled exterior wall, I drilled 1/4” diameter holes for #6 plastic screw in drywall anchors. I broke the self drilling tips off the anchors (otherwise too long), screwed the anchors in and then backed them out completely. Then I applied silicone sealant to the hole before reinserting the plastic drywall anchor. I let it cure over night before hanging the shelf using screws no longer than 1 1/4” long (not to penetrate the exterior skin).

Three seasons later, still secure and no evidence of it loosening.

As for a television mount, there should be a decal identifying where it should be mounted (reinforced area in the wall).
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:29 AM   #5
KeithInUpstateNY

I used Command strips throughout my Bullet 220RBI and they all came off without any damage when I traded it last year. The key to getting them to release properly when it is time is to have the release tab fully exposed and follow the directions and pull SLOWLY straight down or out. Nothing put up with the double sided adhesive strips fell, but I did use 50% more strips or a hook rated for 50% more than recommended, i.e. if the item weighed 2 pounds I used strips or a hook designed to hold at least 3 pounds. I did use some of the Velcro Command strips where I didn't want the release tabs to show and I did have some fall during travel so after that I just took them down before I left and put them back up when I arrived.

As for a TV mount location, this video to indicates it is in the middle of the cabinets over the dinette: https://youtu.be/amin1ESsRPQ

And you can see a picture (6th picture) of a TV mounted in this location in this RVTRADER listing: https://www.rvtrader.com/Keystone-Bu...2200BH%7C57641

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:48 AM   #6
HitFactor
Gone Traveling

We use command strips for lightweight items and hollow wall anchors for heavier items like towel racks and robe hooks.

There is a YouTube video for hollow wall anchors.
HitFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #7
Bechard

It looks like the consensus is that for light weight pictures and frames (photo board), command strips are the way to go. I'll be sure to get the next weight class for the command strips.

Thanks folks, and happy camping!
Old 03-30-2019, 04:44 PM   #8
Dobbs

New owner of a now one week old 2019 Passport 2521RL. My question is the covering on the walls of the trailer. The walls almost look like wall paper and the Command strips discourage using on wall paper. Will they work on this surface?
One more question, and this is almost a universal issue, where do you put your roll of toilet paper? The bath in the 2521RL is tiny and we are leaning towards a floor standing holder. Once we get to actually go camping maybe things will solve themselves, necessity being the Mother of invention and all that.
Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:30 PM   #9
Bechard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
New owner of a now one week old 2019 Passport 2521RL. My question is the covering on the walls of the trailer. The walls almost look like wall paper and the Command strips discourage using on wall paper. Will they work on this surface?
One more question, and this is almost a universal issue, where do you put your roll of toilet paper? The bath in the 2521RL is tiny and we are leaning towards a floor standing holder. Once we get to actually go camping maybe things will solve themselves, necessity being the Mother of invention and all that.
I can tell you that in our bullet, we mounted the toilet paper holder on the side of the bathroom floor cabinet. I'm not familiar with your specific floor plan, but it did work for us.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:39 PM   #10
Tbos

Quote:

I’ve used command strips in each of my rigs including the Passports. We have a toilet paper hanger that fits (hangs) over the sink cabinet door. Bought it at Walmart.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:59 PM   #11
jsmith948

Mounted the TP holder on the inside of the vanity door.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:12 PM   #12
slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith948 View Post
Mounted the TP holder on the inside of the vanity door.

Likewise. Better than a standing holder we used initially.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:44 PM   #13
KeithInUpstateNY

Quote:
I had the same bathroom layout in my Bullet 220RBI. I did have to use a free standing toilet paper holder. It was too long a reach to the vanity cabinet door and the toilet was to close to the wall for it to be comfortable for it to be mounted there.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet