Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Bulldog80

Levelling Procedure with electric jacks

Just got a new 301rmp with electric front and rear jacks. Have owned other camp trailers in the past, all with manual stabilizer jacks. My question is levelling side to side. With my previous trailers I would always get it as close to level by using Lynx levelers and then give it any extra tweaking on the stabilizer jacks. With the electric ones I get equal pressure on each side regardless of their height. I know this because I thought I'd be able to put an extra block on one side to get some extra lift and quickly found out this doesn't matter.

Do you guys with electric jacks just get the axles as close to level as you can and call it good?
Bulldog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
SLIMSHADIE

Thats what I do. Get the side to side level, then the tongue, then the electric stabilizers. The dealer told me, they are to stabilize and not lift the TT. The next day, I may need to restabilize due to some settling.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
witekjm

Levelling Procedure with electric jacks

That's what I do also. The electric jacks work in tandem so I set the level with the levelers as best I can get and then set stabilizers. Usually, our BH250 stays level side-to-side the entire camping trip. JW
Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
Bulldog80

Thanks guys. And just to clarify, I didn't want to lift the trailer with the stabilizers, just tweek it one way or the other. Sometimes you're right between two linx blocks and need that tweek to get it just right.

Sprinter 301RMP
2007 Dodge- CUMMINS Powered
Bulldog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:37 AM   #5
CougarInRear

Right,,the stabilizer jacks are not for lifting. When I had my TT I would level side to side then come down with my electric jacks but not all the way.Stop a few inches or so from the ground,,,,,check your difference between the two and adjust with 2"x6" and 1"x6"'s so both feet hit at the same time.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
Happy Camper

I too added blocks under the feet in order to make the feet hit ground at the same time. I think you are correct that you just need to get it as close to level as possible before stabilizing.
Happy Camper is offline   Reply With Quote