Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2014, 05:08 AM   #41
08quadram

I would opt for the equalizer hitch. It is a pretty long trailer for typical friction type say control. They offered to let us pull it down the road if we wished to make sure we were comfortable pulling it.

Mike

2008 RAM 1500 quad cab; 5.7 Hemi; 3.92
1970 VW Beetle
1948 VAC Case - sold :-(
2008 Kubota bx2350
2013 Keystone Passport 2920bh
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #42
MagnaPilot

I know I'm new, but I've been trolling around for some time. Figured I'd speak up. I can speak from experience that the 3320BH is a beast in terms of length, but I can also say, so long as the hitch is correctly configured, it is pretty tame in the wind. I just pulled ours from North Florida down I-10 through Louisiana all the way up through Dallas, and then to Oklahoma City. The only thing that is a pain with this rig is getting gas at smaller gas stations. The Equali-z-er hitch held it's own pretty well on the route north from Dallas to OKC, where we were seeing crosswinds in the 30 mph range. Semi's are no issue, the only vehicles that ever caught my attention were trucks like Exursions and Suburbans, they apparently move a lot of air.

The only white knuckle experience we had with the rig was when idiots in Dallas cut us off in a construction zone, or when the lanes shrunk so small a motorcycle would be clostrophobic.

As for my truck, it's rated for 8500lbs, and I know I'm near the edge, we are being very careful on what we load in it for the time being. Eventually we'll move up to a larger truck, but for the time being, it does quite well for what it's worth.

MagnaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1500, 3320bh, silverado