Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2019, 10:03 AM   #1
NWA.DMB

Keystone Avalanche 338G or 339G

Has anyone out there had a chance to look at, or better yet, own a Keystone Avalanche 338G or 339G? We were kind of intrigued with the bar and stools as I have had some physical issues and this would be beneficial. The closest one to us is almost 200 miles away.

We are looking at fifth wheels for the first time. Previously had a Jayco Travel Trailer that was destroyed in a storm. Just looking for some info on Keystone vs. other 5th wheel makers.

I will continue to look through the forum but was hoping for some insider information on these models.

Thanks in advance.
NWA.DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The Alpine, Avalanche, Montana and Montana High Country all offer (in most models) the "drop down front frame" which significantly increases the front storage compartment usability. Some "competitors" do not offer that type frame, so when you're comparing, make sure that what you "stack up next to each other" are really "same feature trailers"...

There are some trailers that offer one feature that's not found on the competition, then along will come another trailer with something else the "first one didn't have"… So it boils down to what you like, what you can afford and what features are important to you (that someone else may not even care about)…

So, most of us will say that "searching for the right trailer" is as much a journey as is using it after you decide on which to buy.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:38 AM   #3
John&Genny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA.DMB View Post
Has anyone out there had a chance to look at, or better yet, own a Keystone Avalanche 338G or 339G? We were kind of intrigued with the bar and stools as I have had some physical issues and this would be beneficial. The closest one to us is almost 200 miles away.

We are looking at fifth wheels for the first time. Previously had a Jayco Travel Trailer that was destroyed in a storm. Just looking for some info on Keystone vs. other 5th wheel makers.

I will continue to look through the forum but was hoping for some insider information on these models.

Thanks in advance.
Hello! I don’t have much knowledge of the 338 or 339 Avalanche series, so all I can offer is our experience with our 2017 Avalanche 320RS. We did a lot of research before we made our purchase, taking almost a year to make our decision, and we have not regretted that decision so far. We have had a lot of enjoyment with our 5th wheel. Sure, there have been some problems, but nothing I would consider major. The MCD roller shades are junk, but I think they are probably junk in any Keystone they are installed in. A few “fit and finish” issues that I resolved. The Command Electronics LED interior lights had to be replaced because they had a bad batch (sent replacements for free). Right now our 320RS is in storage for the winter but we are always looking forward to Spring
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:30 AM   #4
travelin texans

Our Redwood came with the Irvine Shade roller shades, the generic MCD brand, which most likely is what yours are, that worked great & if an issue a phone call to them got it resolved quickly, great customer service. Look on the bottom corner of the shade if there's an American flag logo they are Irvine Shades.
Would NEVER own another with the pleated blinds after having the roller shades.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:01 AM   #5
NWA.DMB

Thanks for the information. I will need to do some research on the internet to understand "drop down front frame" but it will help me understand when we are looking at all the different 5th wheels.
NWA.DMB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone