Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 07:16 AM   #1
Cpatinjones

How to remove myself from forum?

I no longer own a keystone. I would like to leave group. How do i delete my account?
Old 10-31-2019, 09:30 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

To delete your account would also delete all your past posts. That would mean threads in which you've posted comments would be "fragmented" by losing your post, some of which may have responses that use your post to build a chain of thought or a series of answers to different posts. So, deleting your account is not something we routinely would do.

I'd suggest that you simply stop using it. It will remain "dormant" until you "reactivate it" by logging in. If you don't log in, it will stay dormant. We don't, typically "delete" accounts. You'd be surprised by how many members "stop using the forum" then in 6 months or a year, send a request for their password so they can again "use the forum".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-27-2020, 10:16 AM   #3
purebred

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
To delete your account would also delete all your past posts. That would mean threads in which you've posted comments would be "fragmented" by losing your post, some of which may have responses that use your post to build a chain of thought or a series of answers to different posts. So, deleting your account is not something we routinely would do.

I'd suggest that you simply stop using it. It will remain "dormant" until you "reactivate it" by logging in. If you don't log in, it will stay dormant. We don't, typically "delete" accounts. You'd be surprised by how many members "stop using the forum" then in 6 months or a year, send a request for their password so they can again "use the forum".
Since you say you typically don't delete accounts that means to me you might in certain circumstances. Please delete my account. I'm through posting here.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
Since you say you typically don't delete accounts that means to me you might in certain circumstances. Please delete my account. I'm through posting here.
With 184 posts, that would not be beneficial to the continuity of threads to which you've posted. I'd suggest you simply stop posting in the future.

The "typical account deletions" are caused when there are limited posts and it is "in the interest of the forum" to delete everything. An example would be if someone joined the forum, posted 3 SPAM posts and one obscene post with profanity in it. It would be "in the best interest of the forum" to delete that member's entire posting history. There's a significant difference in that type of member and one with 184 posts, many of which are constructive, thread contributions with "relative importance to the thread".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #5
QCMan
Gone Traveling

Sound like some very unhappy folks. Maybe tired of hijacked threads or criticism of their setups?
Old 11-27-2020, 04:17 PM   #6
wiredgeorge

Sadly, this forum is owned by campgroundreviews.com and rvlife.com and a bunch of other RV forums under one umbrella so if an account is deleted from this forum I think you would not be able to get onto the others. Is that correct?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
Old 11-27-2020, 04:43 PM   #7
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCMan View Post
Sound like some very unhappy folks. Maybe tired of hijacked threads or criticism of their setups?
More likely tired of not finding a sympathetic ear for unrealistic grievances. Don't like how a faucet looks or fits the sink... change it.

Want to tell folks that you didn't like it, okay... tell folks, but don't get all po'd when no one calls for burning down the company.

Or, if you already know the answer don't ask the question and get bent out of shape when no one agrees with you.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:35 PM   #8
BeagleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
More likely tired of not finding a sympathetic ear for unrealistic grievances. Don't like how a faucet looks or fits the sink... change it.

Want to tell folks that you didn't like it, okay... tell folks, but don't get all po'd when no one calls for burning down the company.

Or, if you already know the answer don't ask the question and get bent out of shape when no one agrees with you.
BINGO!!!
Roll Tide Roll
Old 11-27-2020, 05:45 PM   #9
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post

Exactly! Thanks Javi.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
Old 11-27-2020, 08:45 PM   #10
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
I have but one question, purebred, if you’re done posting here, why are you still reading other posts?
Old 11-28-2020, 09:00 AM   #11
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
I have but one question, purebred, if you’re done posting here, why are you still reading other posts?
Notice his avatar??? Nuff said!
Replacement undetermined
Old 11-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Well, this thread seems to have lost its "constructive criticism" focus, so hopefully the important message has been conveyed. With that, the thread is closed prior to someone's feelings being hurt (or shattered)..... If anyone wants to comment further, PM's are available and that's probably a better way to convey a personal comment.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread