Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Rallies and Events
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
Jim & Kay

May 1st Deadline

We have 3 couples that have reserved so far and that is not enough to have a Rally, therefore, we will be cancelling the Rally on May 1st if there are no more reserved at that time. We cannot hold the sites and Rally Hall for so few attendees when the owner of Cool Breeze can allow another group/club to have it. We are very disappointed and sorry to have to do this but don't see any alternative. We currently have 26 members on the Social Group for the Rally but only 3 of them have reserved their camping spot to attend the Rally.

HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU
Jim, Kay, & Our Furry Kids
2012 Cougar HC 5er 291RLS aka "Rt 66 B&B"
2008 Toyota Tundra aka "The Hoss" 4X4 Limited DC 5.7 L
6 S Tranny w/TowHaul 4.30 RG 20" tires
Firestone Airbags w/compressor
16K Superglide hitch

Lovers of Route 66
Jim & Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Jim & Kay -
Sorry to hear that the Rally that you had organized will probably have to be cancelled due to a lack of participants. I know that you have put considerable time and effort into organizing this and having to cancel it must come as a disappointment to you both.

I would like to thank you for trying to put something together for our members in that area and was hoping, as you were, for better results.

Thanks for giving it a try.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
Jim & Kay

Thank you, Festus for all your assistance in getting the Social Group up and running and maybe we chose a bad time for the Rally, we were hoping that the Holiday would allow more people to attend but maybe it was a deterrent. Again, thank you for your help.

HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU
16K Superglide hitch

Lovers of Route 66
Old 04-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
frano

Jim & Kay,

Carol & I recently traded our Heartland Edge for a Keystone Vantage. We absolutely love and appreciate the Keystone product but miss the Heartland rallies where we made some lifelong friends. Please don't be discouraged. We hosted a Heartland rally last Summer in Pownal, VT and were disapointed that we only had 9 rigs. The small group (Heartland usually gets 30+ rigs) turned out to be the best rally where we were able to really get to know each other. We keep watching the NE rally posts and will get involved as soon as something gets closer to Western, MA. Three rigs will likely make a super, unforgetable weekend--enjoy and thanks for your efforts. Looking forward to meeting you guys at a campout/rally someday.
frano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Karen & Larry

Rally

I also must say that a lot of effort & time goes into planning of a Rally, it takes many people to pull it together. Hubby & I also have spent the last 5 years attending CrossRoads Rally held at the same campground each year in Shipshawan In. close to the Crossroads Factory. I also must say that the factory was very involved with these rallies. Each year the Rally grew drawing people from across the Usa & Canada as well. the rally ran Frid-Sunday however most of the couples came in early or left late. We have formed many friendships through the years & have formed our own camping group in Il. we meet several times a year to camp together.
Price include for the Rally: your stay at the campground, catered Amish meal on Sat for Breakfast & Dinner The factory brought in Pizza & Pop Water on sat Afternoon then Reps came to visit us at the campground to talk about their product. Sat also included a tour of the factory assembly line However No actual work was in production. we had games, and on thursday night for those who came in early had a Pot Luck ! Lots of campfires to sit around too!
We will still attend this years Rally even thou we now own a Cougar X Lite
Karen & Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
DK Henry

Jim & Kay sorry to hear that there are not enough people to get the rally going. I know you have put a lot of work into it. DW and I drove through that campground on our way to DC one year. It looked nice and it sounds like they have a lot to do. We would have like to attend. DW teaches and it’s hard to take a long trip in the summer until June. Karen and Larry and all, I know the regional sales manager for Keystone he might be willing to help get something going. If anyone has interest let me know.
DK Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
Jim & Kay

Rally Cancelled

We have cancelled the Rally due to lack of interest. Sorry to disappoint the few, who had planned to attend. It was necessary to cancel early enough to permit the campground time to schedule another group/club to use the rally hall.

HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU
16K Superglide hitch

Lovers of Route 66