Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2021, 08:47 AM   #1
kim griffith

Slide topper installation problem

Anyone have a suggestion on how to mount a slide topper on a 2020 Laredo 255srl interfering with an upper fridge vent?

This particular slide has a fridge installed in it. The fridge has a vent in the upper left corner of the slide.

The gap between the fridge vent and the upper slide flange (where the bracket should be mounted) narrows from 1" to 3/4". The manufacturer installed it very slightly off-angle.

The gapping on the left side between the left slide flange and the fridge vent is approximately 2".

I have ordered a Lippert Solera and am hoping that physically viewing the bracket will give me some ideas on how to fab a modification.

Or could there be an off the rack adapter I could order?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 Keystone Laredo 255srl slide topper 1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	33981  
kim griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Simply move the bracket up so the bottom edge of the bracket is even with the bottom edge of the slide facia. If the bracket only hits the vent frame, you can mark it, remove it, cut it, and reinstall it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:19 PM   #3
kim griffith

Thanks chuckster57...that's about the best that I can think of as well. I have a rotary tool that I should be able to use sanding down the vent frame.

Kim
kim griffith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide