Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
buvens

Angry Question on how slide is made

Our slide has cables to move it in and out.

Returning home on some rough roads today there was a bunch of stuff came out of the cubby hole under the TV and got caught behind the vertical board on the rear of the slide. I didn't notice this had happened till I was putting the slide out and it made a strange noise when it hit the stuff.
I was able to pull the slide back in and get the stuff out before extending the slide back out.
It appears that the end where the stuff got caught doesn't go out quite as far as the end that was free.
Also the vertical boards on the end that caught pulled away from the slide leaving a gap between the inside paneling and the vertical trim board.
I am not sure how the vertical trim board is attached.
Was just wondering if the ends of the slide can be adjusted independently with the cables and if the vertical trim board is stapled from the front or the side.
Measuring the outside of the slide it looks like the end that was caught goes out about 1/2" less than the end that is free.
Going to have to makes something to cover the cubby holes where this doesn't happen again.

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #2
buvens

Today looked at front slide verticle trim board and saw how it was done.

Was able to take a piece of rug and a dead blow hammer to get the rear trim board back in place.

Also once the slide was brought back in , it corrected itself so everything looks fine now.

Tags
slide