Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
wdenton07

Passport 2920BH TV speakers

Hello All
I has anyone added speakers for the tv in the front bedroom.

Not sure if mine is supposed to be this way but the trailer only has speakers in the main part of the trailer and when in bed I cannot hear the tv if we are playing a DVD. Does this make sense.

I was thinking of adding 2 speakers to the top part of the cabinet on top of the tv and putting them on a separate channel so I can here the tv in our bedroom and the kids will not be bothered

Any ideas are welcome

Thanks in advance
wdenton07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
ozzie65

Hello wdenton07
I just completed the exact deal on my 2910bh passport. It's really not that hard just a little time consuming. I had the same issue when we would try and lay in bed watching a movie while my son was sleeping. The sound would play through the whole camper. There are 3 channels ,A B & C and only A & C were used. I pulled the stereo and the wires are there. I used a set of old sound speakers and mounted them up top by the ceiling. The hardest part was figuring how to get the wires down the inside of the cabinet side walls. I decided where I wanted them drilled a hole and took yellow contracting string and tied a small nut on it and crimped on a few small fishing sinkers for weight. I then had to drill a hole on the right side opening up in the corner. I used a large magnet to find the nut while it was hanging down in the wall and drug it to the hole. The left side already had a hole and electrical outlet so that side was easier. Once the speakers are mounted and wires run and the stereo is out it's simple speaker wiring like a car would have. After that some wire hiding and you are good to go. Be careful when you slide the stereo back in that the wires don't get pinched. I took photos and will post them.
Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	6202   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	6204   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	6205   Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	6206   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	6207  

ozzie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:15 AM   #3
wdenton07

That looks great.
very similar to what I want to do.
the only difference for me is i think I will pick some flush fitting speakers and mount them on the blank board in picture one instead of on the sides of it.
so the speakers would be more like the ones in the ceiling.

Or is there a benefit to those types of speakers. (I am audio challenged )
wdenton07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
ozzie65

wdento07
You might want to check what is behind that panel. Mine has a storage space there and is not double walled. When you open the doors you will see the back of the speakers and depending on what's in there you might hear vibration noises. No benefit to the ones I mounted. I just had them left over from an old theater system so I made them work.
Good luck.
ozzie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
tech740

We have the same camper. We put in the dvd and turn off all the speakers. Turn up the dvd player volume knob and use the speaker built in the tv. Hopefully this helps. Its not ideal but when you shut off all the speaker from the head unit all the audio is sent to the tv.
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #6
greengiant

This thread may be helpful as we had the same problem but went about it a bit differently.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...light=speakers
greengiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #7
lspajm

We have the same set-up and there are settings you cna change in the tv to turn on the speakers on the tv when you rotate it around 180 degrees to the bedroom. read the manual -- there are a few settings changes you have to make in the tv audio settings, and then on the stereo itself.
2010 Ford F-250 Diesel FX4, Crew Cab, 6.5 ft bed
lspajm is offline   Reply With Quote