Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #1
Wally15

Bluetooth for Estone EX8500 radio/DVD?

Anyone out there (besides me) have an Estone EX8500 unit in their RV? Most of the forum threads on stereos and Bluetooth I've searched have Jensen units. DW and I love Pandora on our smartphones. I can't figure out a way to get a direct hookup from my Iphone or Ipod to the Estone, and both the owners manual and the Estone website are anything but helpful. So I'm buying a Bluetooth 4.0 unit to hook up either through the aux in port (3.5 mini jack) on the front, or the two RCA audio in jacks in the back. Hope it has enough range to reach the grill and easy chair.
Anyone else had to hook up a Bluetooth receiver to their stereo? If so, any pros and cons I should be aware of? You would think that a 2013 RV would have a stereo with a standard USB port. Not so with the Estone EX8500.
And my Sansui TV has a USB port, but the manual says "FOR SERVICE PERSONNEL ONLY. DO NOT insert ANY USB device into this port....or the warranty will be voided."
What's up with THAT? If RV manufacturers made computers and TV's, we'd still be running DOS 1.1 and CRT's.
I know, they didn't make the stereo or TV, and I didn't buy a Carbon or Montana, but you'd think they'd put up-to-date electronics in a mid-range "Select" RV.
That being said, I really like almost everything about my Laredo. Everything works like it should; hope they all will stand the test of time.
2013 Laredo 308RE TT
'06 Ram 2500 CTD AT
S GA

Wally15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally15 View Post
And my Sansui TV has a USB port, but the manual says "FOR SERVICE PERSONNEL ONLY. DO NOT insert ANY USB device into this port....or the warranty will be voided."
What's up with THAT? .
Wally15 -
I believe that USB port is designed for technicians who might be servicing or tracing faults with the TV. These "Service Personnel" USB ports are now becoming quite common but are not for use by the consumer. The technicians plug their computerized equipment into the USB port to give them readings on various components within the device and to help trace faulty parts or malfunctions.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
Wally15

TV USB Port

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Wally15 -
I believe that USB port is designed for technicians who might be servicing or tracing faults with the TV. These "Service Personnel" USB ports are now becoming quite common but are not for use by the consumer. The technicians plug their computerized equipment into the USB port to give them readings on various components within the device.
The bad thing about that is it's only in the manual that it says not to use it. There's no sticker on or near the USB port to inform the casual user not to plug their iphone or whatever into this port. How many folks actually read or remember what's in the owners manual. Especially for something that's called a Universal Serial Bus. Not exactly "universal" is it.
2013 Laredo 308RE TT
'06 Ram 2500 CTD AT
S GA

Wally15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
Jim Dow

Pandora

I have a cable for my iPhone that plugs into an aux port on the Jensen unit in my 2011 Montana High Country - works fine.

Also, I purchased a CANZ 808 speaker for my iPhone. The CANZ speaker is a cylindrical speaker about 3" tall and about 1 1/2" in diameter - very portable and rechargable (also has a power cord). The CANZ puts out amazing sound; and it's very portable. The CANZ operates via BlueTooth.

You might want to try a CANZ speaker.
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #5
AlbertaRvMan

Hi,

I am also seeking a bluetooth receiver to allow me to stream music from my apple devices to my irv2 stereo. I then want to play the audio through my interior/exterior speakers.

At my home I use my Bose sound link (stream from ipad/iphone) but I would like to use my trailer speakers.

Thank you.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #6
BirchyBoy

You can use something like this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/harman-k...ter&cp=1&lp=10
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #7
diamondjindustries

I have Harmon Kardon BTA 10 iPhone pairs blue light goes solid no sound from speakers any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
diamondjindustries is offline   Reply With Quote