Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
SJBrooks

Rear top bed capacity

Hello all,

I'm a first-time poster here. My wife and I just bought a new-to-us, pristine 2012 Fuzion 302. The only question I can think to ask at this time is what the weight capacity (ie, in addition to the bunk itself) is of the rear top bed. If anybody has that info, I'd greatly appreciate hearing back from you.

Regards,

Steve
SJBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
BeaverRZR

i believe its 500lbs
Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
2014Fuzion300

Rear top bed capacity

I have what they call the Happijac beds and if I remember correctly the load limit is 450 pounds dynamic load or 600 pounds static load. It doesn't specify top or lower bed!

Hope this information helps!

Sent from my iPhone.
2014Fuzion300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

SJBrooks,

Welcome to the forum !!! Here's hoping you enjoy your new Fuzion and that it's all you expect it to be !!!

Your question about the capacity of the bed does not have a simple answer. The Happijack bed does have a dynamic and static load rating as described in a previous post. However, the RV in which it's installed can also limit its weight capacity. Depending on the supporting structure of the RV (roof and walls) the bed capacity can vary from less than 200 lbs up to the maximum rated for the bed.

Your specific RV should have a decal attached to the bed or to the wall next to it giving you information on the maximum load recommended in your individual configuration.

Again, welcome to the forum. Enjoy your time here

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
KanTC

to the forum from another NM resident.

The bed-lift is most likely Happijac (brand), as already mentioned. Here's the website (with manuals & etc)
for future reference - http://www.happijac.com/index.php/products/bed-lifts

Enjoy your new-to you Fuzion & Happy Trails!
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
KenBob

FYI There have been some instances of the top bunk failing due to poor construction. There are threads on this forum about this and the poor warranty repairs of this. I believe one owner disassembled the bunk and added reinforcements to ensure bunk integrity.

I have inspected our Fuzion's top bunk and plan on reinforcing weak points. We do use it for storing light items (bedding, clothes, etc.). We won't let adults use it and in the unlikely event that small children use it, they will be advised that normal rough housing, bed jumping is a NO NO until the bunk is corrected.

However, we do have plenty of other sleeping options.
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote