Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Sn0wthost

Exterior LP Gas Quick-Disconnect for Grill

Anybody know what size the quick-disconnect gas outlet is on the back of Keystone TTs? I've got one on my 31RKS, but don't know what size hose fittings to buy to connect a gas grill. The grill side is 1/4" female; the other end needs to be a male connector of ?? size.

If nobody knows, I'll call Keystone.

Thanks,

Jim & Donna <><
2013 Cougar X-Lite 31RKS
Middle Tennessee Area
Sn0wthost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Check out the BBQ/propane/QD sticky found in our Modifications & Upgrades section of the forum. It has some info there which may be useful for you.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
Bob Landry

The male fitting that inserts into the QC on the tailer is going to be a standard size. What is going to vary is the size thread that the QC fittings use. They are going to be either 1/4" or 3/8". Larger ones are used for commercial applications and do not apply here. As far as matching the fittings to the propane hose, you are going to see either NPT threads or swivel flair connections. There are adapter fittings available for both types.
The QC on Keystone trailers are made by Fairview and are available all over the Internet.
Read the stick I wrote on Grill conversion in the Modifications forum and it will be pretty obvious what you need to do. The photos are also very good, if I do say so myself..

There's also some info on Hansen and Mr Heater fittings that you will need to know.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
therink

I bought a 10' quick connect and hose at Lowes that fit the quick connect at my bumper. It had threaded fitting on the other end that I connected to my Weber. All I know is that that my bumper quick connect is larger than my OK stove quick connect. The Lowes hose was for cng grills at homes. It is grey in color and cost around $30.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Bob Landry

The orifice in the fitting is the same regardless of thread size. I used an adapter on the Weber so I could put a QC on that end of the hose. Did the same with the Camp Chef stove so I can run either one from the QC using the same hose.
I haven't seen a need to run grill and stove at the same time, but if that happens, it's easy enough to convert the single QC on the trailer to a double.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
Sn0wthost

Thanks, everybody, for your input. I appreciate your help.

Jim & Donna <><
2013 Cougar X-Lite 31RKS
Middle Tennessee Area
Sn0wthost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
BlindGuyNAR

My 2013 had 3/8 on the trailer bumper. Take the QC off the grill and try to insert it in the QC on trailer. If you know it's 1/4 then you'll have your answer. Propane off of course unless you like the smell

Since it was leaking I replaced my 3/8 with 1/4 since its what the plumber had with an on/off ball valve in stock. Also ran it out the side so I didn't have to get under trailer anymore.

Natural gas quick connect hose sized 3/8 will work if you are 3/8 At Lowes or Home Depot as stated above. Then just get a reducer from 3/8 to 1/4 for the business end at the grill. Hose might be in BBQ section and they will be low stock or on clearance soon.

The larger to size means you can fuel larger BBQ and I "think" longer run of hose.
BlindGuyNAR is offline   Reply With Quote