Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Robby9

Another satellite question

I've been reading satellite threads all night and I'm still confused. In my 2013, Cougar 31SQB I've got this setup in the bunk room:

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Now for the questions:

1. The plate with two coax outlets is the jumper?
2. One of them is the for the incoming satellite signal which I connect to my satellite receiver box?
3. If I connect the satellite out cable from the receiver to other jumper it will feed the signal to all of signal all of the other coax jacks in the rest of the camper?
4. What bone head decided the best place for the only satellite box was the bunk room, instead of the main living area?

Thanks.
Robby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:17 AM   #2
Essness

What you describe is what I do with my satelite box.
I use the dish input to the satelite in on the box, and the out to tv backfeeds to all other tv's in the coach, through the antenna jack (with the amplifier switch off).
I feed the main (living room) tv with the rca (yellow=video, red and white=audio).
2016 Polaris RZR S900
Essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
mhs4771

If you've had your RV for more than a day, you should already know that the Designers of these things have NEVER spent an hour in one, yet alone camping for extended periods. BTW, you're lucky you can back feed the signal to the other TVs, most of the newer boxes no longer have an RF out port, only HDMIs and RCAs.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
DJ85

Simple take the loop out hook the top one to the sat box in hook the sat out to tv on the botton point. Don't forget to leave the booster off. If you want to watch regular tv just undo the sat hook up and reinatsll the jumper wire.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy
Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
DJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
Robby9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
If you've had your RV for more than a day, you should already know that the Designers of these things have NEVER spent an hour in one, yet alone camping for extended periods. BTW, you're lucky you can back feed the signal to the other TVs, most of the newer boxes no longer have an RF out port, only HDMIs and RCAs.
This is my third trailer and I totally agree, each one one has had some absolutely moronic design flaws while other aspects were very well thought out.

Fortunately, I still have a couple of standard definition receivers with coax outputs. None of my HD receivers have gathered feature.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
Robby9

It worked just like you said it would.

It's a minor annoyance to have to walk back to the bunkroom to change channels, but it's nice getting a satellite signal to all the TV's. The signal to the farthest tv was a bit fuzzy, so I'll need to check the connections.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
koup

Satellite

There is an IR extender available that will convert your infra red or IR remote control to a UHF remote control. You can probably find them pretty cheap. This will allow you to change channels from anywhere in your trailer.

If the TV is still fuzzy when you are watching it change the modulation settings to cable and choose a channel. I find the usual channels of 3 or 4 will be fuzzy. Sometimes the settings on the TVs must be changed to cable as well.
koup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #8
Springer

Check out this set of "pyramids" I use them at the RV and at home to change the channels for my Directv.

http://www.amazon.com/X10-Powermid-P...oller+extender
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #9
therink

If you remove the booster plate from the wall, you should find a coax splitter tucked into the wall cavity (bees nest) that sends signal out to all other coax outlets in the rv. From this splitter, you should be able to locate the coax that makes a direct run to the living room TV location. If you remove this coax from the splitter, you should be able to bridge it directly to the sat in feed from outside using a barrel connector. You would then be able to put your sat receiver in the living room.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote