Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
greynomad

DVD Player Bullet 284RLS

Lets see I've called the service department 3 days straight concerning the stereo DVD player that does not work. Its amazing how quickly a vendor responds when you owe them $$$$$$. But once the RV is out of the door you become a non-item. Even left a msg with the original sales person.....nada. I can see that buying a Keystone product is going to be a real joy.....
greynomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
Javi

It ain't Keystone, most dealers service departments couldn't give a Xxxx about warranty. Warranty goes to the back of the line.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Have you contacted Keystone directly or just the dealer you purchased it from. It sounds to me like a dealer problem. Call from another line and ask for a quote on a new trailer ... someone will respond.
Have you checked fuses and tv input settings and connections?????
Is the radio part of the DVD player and does that work?????
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
BulletOwner1

Another avenue to pursue would be going to the dvd manufacturer (Jenson?) maybe?

Another question - have you used the dvd player previously or is this the first time you've used it?
Old 05-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
GaryWT

Most dealers sell more than one line so it is not a Keystone issue, it is the dealer. Ask for the manager if you do not get anywhere.

As others have asked, what is the issue, dvd, radio, everything? Give us something to work with so we can help.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
greynomad

Bullet 284 RLS Stereo

The stereo is a iRV car DVD/CD Receiver. I had a Jensen in the Jayco previously which worked fine. My last call to the vendor was today w/o any response. I sent Keystonerv.com an email listing my problems with the vendor and the stereo. Me thinks that this should get a response........
Thanks for the feedback
Old 05-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

Now I'm really confused. Are you talking about the VENDOR who supplies the dvd to Keystone or the DEALER who sold you the complete trailer???

1. Has the dvd ever worked?

2. Does it work with cds or radio???

3. Is it connected to the tv??

4. Is the tv's input set for the input that the dvd is connected to??

Mainly: Does the dvd light up or show any signs of power?????

Even Keystone can't help you if you don't tell them what's wrong.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
greynomad

We are talking about the dealer who sold me the RV. The stereo system is hooked up to the tv as required. The stereo works quite well if you are listening to a radio station. The conflict is when you insert a DVD into the stereo you have both video and sound coming from the tv for approximately 20-30mm before the video disappears from the tv screen and what you have is the sound track of the DVD only. Have tried numerous attempts to get around this problem to no avail. Finally got through to the dealer, I am forwarding the stereo back to them in exchange for a Jensen system and I would pay any difference if need be.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #9
BulletOwner1

Seems like you're getting some action on this. Hope it works out. Think I will go out and pop a dvd in my system just to see if it will work. I guess I'd rather find out before I go camping.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #10
greynomad

Dealing with Dealer: stereo system

I guess I was wishing for a parting of the seas when I shipped the system back to the dealer. They have it and if I haven't called them at least 3-4 times explaining to them just what I want in plain english...........They have assured me that they will have it out to me ASAP with an email notification.
Here I sit 7 days later, me thinks the dealer is hoping that I will finally give up and disappear as per when you file a claim against an insurance company
Old 06-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Maybe a trip to the dealer for some "face to face" discussion would be in order.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote