Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
Dmaxmb

29rls battery

Let me start off by saying I'm new to the camper world my dads had them but nothing like this one but I got the camper back in may plugged it in to a 30 amp service and all has been good till this weekend I went out and turned the heater on and every thing worked lights were bright heater came on went back in about 3hrs later and the heater was off and light were dim looked around breakers were fine today I took battery out and charged it everything worked good again but now it's not is there a fuse on the inverter that charges the battery don't want to wake up with it being 48 degrees in here again thanks for any help or tips
Dmaxmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
Ken / Claudia

I am not an expert of electric things but, this is what I would do regarding what you described.
I would go back and check all of the fuzes and breakers after the battery was hooked up again. Recheck the battery connections. If they are all good I would check the battery to make sure it is still good. It may not be holding a charge or cell(s) are no good. What is the age of the battery?
Than if it is fully charged and holding a charge, I would unplug shore power and see if anything works on 12v only. After these steps I would than think of a invertor problem. I do not know if there is a fuze at it, I would think it would be at the panel with the others. I did go to a workshop from keystone and they said that trailer systems need a battery hooked up to work even on shore power but, no mention was made if the battery had to be in working condition.
Please list year of trailer and it might help others help you.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
pjhansman

Your problem sounds very familiar.

I just replaced the Group 24 battery on my 5ver. It was only a couple years old but I successfully mistreated it enough that it wouldn't hold a charge at all. A couple of hours with just the lights and the radio would kill it.

Having much better luck with my new Group 27 battery and I'm actually planning on maintaining this one.
MOR/ryde Wet Bolt Kit, TST 507 TPMS, 1000w PSW Inverter, JT's Strongarm Stabilizers, and the list goes on....
Yamaha EF3000iSE/B Inverter Generator
pjhansman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Dmaxmb

The camper is a 05 I believe when I looked at the battery it said 08 have to look in the morning I charged the battery all day put it back in at 5pm check to see what the gauge said for battery it was said c when I got up at 10 it was at g heater was on just to take the chill out of the camper checked all the fuses again they were all good I put a volt meter on the battery it would go from 8.32 to 8.56 that was be for I chargerd it
Dmaxmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:57 AM   #5
fla-gypsy

I am not quite following the issue so help me. You are plugged into a 30 amp source and it does not work? Or are you running strictly on 12v battery?