Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
golfpro

water pump question

I recently bought a keystone mountaineer 31rld bumper pull trailer. the water pump is not my favorite thing in this TT. it is noisy, and far less water pressure than I desire. it is far from 55 psi for sure. any one know what pump may be in these TT's? I know where it is located, I looked at it today, just can't get my head into the small drawer space to see which pump it is. I do plan on taking the screws out and putting a half inch piece of foam under it to help quiet it down. not sure if I can get a short loop in the hose installed or not. All my other TT's has had easy access to the pump, it is like in the old TT's they were like the old chevy's I could sit in the engine compartment and in this TT it is like a new chevy, can't get your hand in there to change plugs. thaks for any info you can give me on this.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
therink

I have found that it isn't always the pump that is noisy, but is usually associated with the water hammer effect on the lines on the outlet side of the pump. It may help to try repositioning the lines or moving them around while the pump is running to see if the noise goes away or is minimized. Once you find the area of line that is hammering/vibrating either place a piece of foam pipe insulation around the line to isolate it, or use a nylon zip tie to anchor the line to something firm to change its position slightly. All it takes is for a section of a line to rub on something and cause annoying sounds. In some cases, it could be a section of line far away from the pump.
This approach has worked for me in more than one trailer.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

My guess is that it's a Flojet Triplex pump. It seems that's pretty standard throughout the Keystone lineup. They do make a lot of noise if they're screwed tightly to the floor. I used a piece of anti-fatigue foam mat cut to fit under mine and it helped a lot (leave the mounting screws somewhat loose). Also, foam pipe insulation and/or swim foam worked to cover all the pipes where they go through cabinet walls and along the floor. As said above, the hammering along the pipes is where most of the noise seems to come from.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote