Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
TexasFiver

Keystone and Holiday World

Hello just joined the forum to let others know of the problems I am having with my 10th anniversary 2009 Montana 3605RL. The problems are many and started almost as sun as I bought my RV the first problem I had was with the landing gear some how the threaded rod that screws the gear down snap in to the next issue was with the Goodyear marathon tires that Keystone put on while starting out on a trip had three blowouts within five miles seems there was a problem with the tires that Keystone should have known about next decals peeling ,door lock tumblers fell out for no apparent reason, awning fabric started to separate where it attaches to the RV if all of this was not enough to get any kind of warranty I had to spend many hours on the phone with the different makers of items I was having issues with and when I was able to get RV into shop where I bought it Holiday World League City TX. they had my RV for six months before I got it back one thing I ask them to look at while they had it was the rubber roof it had large wrinkles in it and appeared to be improperly installed after six months of not having the use of my RV I was just happy to get it back and had forgotten about the issue with roof well as you might guess the second trip I took with it I was returning home when another motorist pulled along side and got my attention pointing at my RV I pulled over to find the roof peeled back. Now Holiday World has had my RV for two weeks and the only thing they have done is to tell me I don't have a warranty on it. Holiday World also tells me that some point in those two weeks that my power awning came open all by itself during a storm and there is damage there they say that it is because of a faulty or failed circuit board imagine that . I know this a long intro and might be kicked off after this but I thought everyone should know what you may have to deal with. I'm thinking about getting a lawyer.
TexasFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
billb800si

2009 unit and you have a warranty???
Don't understand..

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
TexasFiver

warranty

three year warranty on my RV and all issues began before three years were up
TexasFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #4
GaryWT

Sorry your dealer did not treat you better, my dealer makes the calls to get things repaired.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #5
Bob Landry

I also bought mine from Holiday World and I can't say that I'm particularly impressed with them one way or the other. My Outback was actually missing part of the big side decal and I was the one who had to mention it. They were going to order me one and I never heard from back from them. I called KS and took care of it myself. Fortunately, my trailer has been pretty much problem free and Crestview RV in Austin has taken care of everything I needed to have done.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:09 AM   #6
billb800si

Sounds like the three year warranty is something that you and Holiday World worked out not Keystone.
Anyway granted your problems are legend. I've never heard of anyone having the problems you're having for such a long period of time. I've had Marathon tires on our past Jayco for 5 years had one blow out with over 25,000 miles on them. There's no reason in the world for a dealer to have someone's RV for 6 months. Outrageous!!
After listening to your long list of complaints I certainly would not be doing business with Holiday World.
In regards to a lawyer good luck. He'll probably charge you more than what the RV is worth now.
Again much of this could have been taken care of early on if you had a decent dealer to work with.
Sorry about your misfortune. Hope things work out.
BTW, welcome to the forum.....

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #7
Bugle Boy

When did you purchase this trailer? New, or recently?
2014 Cougar 31RKS
TV 2012 Ford F250

https://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps6b1f8d57.jpg
Bugle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote