Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2021, 03:57 AM   #1
Samcintyre

In Command Thermostat Panel

I woke up this morning and my thermostat panel has no power…the display screen will not come on. I have a Cougar 364BHS fifth wheel. The AC is running according to the last temp I set when I went to bed. I have checked the breakers, fuses and the GFI switches but nothing is tripped. What is the problem?
Samcintyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 05:01 AM   #2
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcintyre View Post
I woke up this morning and my thermostat panel has no power…the display screen will not come on. I have a Cougar 364BHS fifth wheel. The AC is running according to the last temp I set when I went to bed. I have checked the breakers, fuses and the GFI switches but nothing is tripped. What is the problem?
According the the InCommand manual, the following are causes for no power to the display commander (DC) - the wall panel:

-Cycle the DC with the power button
-Check main fuse in distribution panel
-Check ground wire to the DC

I have had mine power down randomly from time to time and when you power it back on, I hold down the button until I see the screen 'light up' and the splash screen appear. This takes several seconds.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:42 AM   #3
LHaven

If you take the front cover off the large control pod you should see at least one glowing LED. If you don't, your system is not getting 12VDC. Your A/C will continue to run because it's an AC appliance. Could be something as simple as a campground gremlin turned your battery disconnect key while you were asleep.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:03 AM   #4
Samcintyre

I took the cover off the control module and I DO see that the red power light is on.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:04 AM   #5
Samcintyre

I am afraid that if I cycle the power off I will not be able to turn the AC back on. We can't have long period of no AC due to we are in Texas and currently staying in Cougar with our pets.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:30 PM   #6
M&M2

https://www.in-command.net/wp-conten...and-ncsp35.pdf

Resetting in-command

My display was blank. Followed this and it reset. No problem since.
M&M2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:33 PM   #7
LHaven

Quote:
I am afraid that if I cycle the power off I will not be able to turn the AC back on. We can't have long period of no AC due to we are in Texas and currently staying in Cougar with our pets.
If your display panel itself has gone south, have you tried accessing inCommand with your smartphone?
Old 08-02-2021, 04:10 AM   #8
Samcintyre

I did not have the phone set up. It used to work on my ipad and then it stopped working. I had not been able to get it working on my iPhone again.

What will happen if I cycle off the power and the screen does NOT come back on? Then I will not be able to turn on the AC?
Old 08-02-2021, 04:41 AM   #9
jasin1

Quote:
I did not have the phone set up. It used to work on my ipad and then it stopped working. I had not been able to get it working on my iPhone again.

What will happen if I cycle off the power and the screen does NOT come back on? Then I will not be able to turn on the AC?
I’d give them a call and see what they say to do
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	365198D4-A156-4DE8-853E-367DFD89BF83.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	35054  
Old 08-02-2021, 05:25 AM   #10
ChuckS

If this is truly an In Command HVAC control are you seeing the menu for the HVAC section? if yes and it does nothing then either the BCM and DC are locked up and you need to shutdown the DC ..display commander and then reset BCM at the BCM or do a HARD RESET and kill BOTH 120 volts AC and 12 volts DC to the RV to let the gateway and control boxes up on the roof reset the latched relays

very simple and happens quite often with the In Command system

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 07:16 AM   #11
Samcintyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
If this is truly an In Command HVAC control are you seeing the menu for the HVAC section? if yes and it does nothing then either the BCM and DC are locked up and you need to shutdown the DC ..display commander and then reset BCM at the BCM or do a HARD RESET and kill BOTH 120 volts AC and 12 volts DC to the RV to let the gateway and control boxes up on the roof reset the latched relays

very simple and happens quite often with the In Command system

Okay. Thank you. My DC is completely blank. I will try to reset the BCM as soon as it stops pouring rain!!
Old 08-02-2021, 08:46 AM   #12
ChuckS

Quote:
Okay. Thank you. My DC is completely blank. I will try to reset the BCM as soon as it stops pouring rain!!
With the DC being completely blank odds are 90/10 that the DC is BAD and you will need a new one... But.. a full hard reset may or may not bring it back to life..

That said IF you do a hard reset and the DC doesnt turn on you will have ZERO ability to run the A/C let alone anything else in the RV without In command up and running

Old 08-02-2021, 08:49 AM   #13
ChuckS

Personally for me I would get myself a Dometic CCC2 thermostat and remove the CANBUS wires from BCM and plug into thermostat and have me a reliable HVAC control...

Old 08-03-2021, 12:15 AM   #14
rbrdriver

I thought about doing something like that myself on my 2019 Alpine. Right now my InCommand is working ok, and I can see where I can manually operate things like the slides, awnings, etc., but was wondering what the heck to do about the hvac system should the InCommand quit on me. Is installing that thermostat difficult?
rbrdriver is offline   Reply With Quote