Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2021, 06:15 PM   #1
edoutside

2021 Passport 221BH (solar question)

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum. Glad to have found this resource.

I have a 21 Passport 221BH. This unit has a solar connection on the front and appears to have connections on the roof near the front.

I have a little 10W solar panel from etrailer and a cheap controller I purchased off of Amazon. I am thinking the controller isn't necessary to have with this setup because I think this panel has a builtin controller...but it's nice to see some numbers on the screen.

Anyway, I currently disconnect the battery and hookup the solar panel while parked to trickle charge my battery.

It'd be nice if I can connect this panel up to the port on the front to do this without having to fiddle with disconnecting the battery connections etc.

The sticker below the port makes it sound like you have to use a Zamp branded solar panel.

Does anyone know if I can just plug my 10W panel from etrailer (Go Power Eco Solar Charging System - 10 Watt Solar Panel) into this port and it will work? It appears to be the same connector. There's really no way for me to tell if it's working without my little cheapo controller inline. I suppose I could use a multimeter on the battery...not sure. Don't want to mess anything up electrically.

Thanks in advance!
edoutside is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport, solar