Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
Mikesr

Trouble winterizing

Having trouble winterizing our 2017 Outback 325BH. I’ve done my own winterizing for years on several camper with little to no problems. Here the problem, I got the HWH bypass figured out and drained. I used my small compressor (with the pressure reducer) to blow out all the water lines and low point drains. Located the antifreeze pickup tube and valve to change from fresh water to the antifreeze tube. That’s where my troubles are. The antifreeze will not pickup from the jug. So I tried several things to see if I could troubleshoot the problem. The pickup tube has no suction no matter what position the valve is placed in. I unscrewed the hose on the intake side of the pump and turned the pump on and felt suction on my finger tip. When the tube with the valve is connected to the pump nothing. I blew into the pickup tube and with the valve in the freshwater position nothing blow through. I put the valve in the antifreeze pickup tube position and I can blow air into the tube but it does not come out at the fitting that connected to the pump.
I know a long post thanks for bearing with me.
Could the winterizing pickup tube valve be installed incorrectly? Could the valve be bad ? That valve has Pex connections and I don’t want to mess with that unless I have to.
Thanks for any input
Mikesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #2
Eastham

I had to pour some antifreeze into the hose sorta like prime it then it sucked out of the gallon jug with no problems.
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:07 PM   #3
Eastham

I have to pour some antifreeze
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:08 PM   #4
MattHelm21

I’ve posted this serveral times on different threads so disregard if you’ve checked it. I went through exactly what you did and tried everything to get the antifreeze to draw into the hose I attached and I finally found that the factory(or dealer) either omitted or borrowed the screen/rubber hose gasket from the hose connector. As soon as I located one and installed it, the pump drew the antifreeze right in. No prime was necessary.

Tags
winter, winterizing