Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2020, 08:39 AM   #1
Black Bark

Slides- 2 out of 3 aint good

I was prepping my 2107 Alpine for covering and after cleaning, my kitchen slide would not retract. LR slide is on same switch and it worked fine as did the bedroom slide. Tried several times with no luck. Came back hours later and it closed normally. Took it in and tech can't find anything wrong with it. Hate to have this hanging over my head every time we go camping since there is no way to manually retract. Any ideas? Breaker never popped, had plenty of hydraulic fluid, was 50 degrees out, was plugged in...
Black Bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:30 AM   #2
CedarCreekWoody

That sounds like an automatic reset inline circuit breaker but i cant say if or where you have one. Sorry.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:48 AM   #3
Black Bark

Thanks for the thought.
I do have those but since the same pump (and switch) runs both slides and one was working, that cause has been eliminated,
Old 11-23-2020, 06:01 PM   #4
ChuckS

Alpine.. your slides are all hydraulic on your model , I believe

Only one solenoid valve controls follow of hydraulic fluid to open or close all 3 slides...

Your issue was most likely air..

Also..you most certainly do have a way to manual over ride and open and close these hydraulic slide outs as well as your hyd six point level up system

Please review attached file.. it’s written based on my Alpine with 3 hydraulic slide outs and should help you understand how to manually over ride your hydraulic system.. if ever needed..

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:05 PM   #5
ChuckS

Also... if you have not removed the OEM 50 am0 resettable breaker that runs to dual polarity solenoid on pump motor with an 80 amp you need to make that a spring project and replace it

The OEM breaker is simply not up to the task of handling amperage draw that hyd pump motor will use.... often north of 70 amps or so .. especially in cold weather

Old 11-24-2020, 06:04 AM   #6
Black Bark

Thanks ChuckS- That is encouraging. Nice document! Wonder if they meant there is no manual way to close if the mechanism the pump turns is the problem.
Will follow your advice on the breaker.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:48 AM   #7
ChuckS

In the event of a failure of the hyd pump itself.. you can still manually close slides by simply manual override the ONE solenoid valve for the slides ...then get a couple of helpers and push the slide in from the outside..

Do the same for remaining hyd slides you need to close... once all 3 are closed then close the solenoid valve manual override screw

Note.. if you had to close your hyd slides in the manner mentioned above be aware there will be no hud pressure holding the slides closed and they may drift out a bit on turns going down the road...

If the elect motor failed you can still manually override everything using cordless drill and 1/4 inch Allen bit... then you would have hyd pressure holding the slides closed..

Attached document is tailored specifically for Alpine fifth wheel 50 amp hyd pump breaker replacement
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hydraulic pump motor resettable breaker.pdf (880.7 KB, 56 views)

Old 11-24-2020, 10:10 AM   #8
Black Bark

That is great to hear! Thanks for all the help, and here's to never having to do it!!!

Tags
slide