Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2020, 08:43 AM   #1
jssmith0101

Leveling an RV with a Slide

My apologies if this has been covered in another post/thread.

I have a 24’ Springdale Travel Trailer. This is the first RV that I have had that has a slide out. Prior to this I have never had any problems leveling a trailer. We have had three trips this year and each time it seems like the trailer leans a bit to the side with the slide out. Even though I check and recheck the level before I extend the stabilizers, etc., and extend the slide.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to account for the weight of the slide out when leveling and if so, is there a general rule of thumb for how much?

Thanks in advance.

John
2019 Springdale 242
2019 Dodge Ram 1500
jssmith0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:57 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

We have 2 slideouts that are rather large on the driver side. I "level" the trailer with just about a bubble high (or now with the Levelmate Pro installed it's set at 3/4" high for level) to compensate for the weight of the slides extended.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:46 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

We had a Springdale 242 fifth wheel. It had 15" Load Range C tires on it. The suspension was "springy" or more to the point, barely adequate for the weight of the trailer. So, any "excess weight on one side or the other would cause the trailer to "lean to the heavy side"....

I always "levelled" my trailer 1" higher on the big slide side. That way, when I extended the slide, the extra weight would "bring the trailer closer to level"...

Try it that way and see if it helps the "end result" to be closer to level....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, slide