Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
JJaxon

Fuzion and solar

Has anyone recently added solar to a new Fuzion toy hauler. I am ready to spend and doing the research gives so many options for my 2020 369. Keystone has some sort of partnership with Jaboni solar and some things (?) are included in the assembly of new Fuzion and Montana 5th wheel RVs, but I dont know what is there, what I need, etc. I've reached out to Jaboni today but have not heard back.

Any experiences you'd like to share here would be greatly appreciated.
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:06 PM   #2
Bob R

When I was looking at solar I really liked Zamp, mainly because they make their own panels in Oregon. Their plugs may not be compatible with whatever Keystone is using these days but that is easy to fix.

bob
Old 06-22-2020, 10:10 AM   #3
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaxon View Post
Has anyone recently added solar to a new Fuzion toy hauler. I am ready to spend and doing the research gives so many options for my 2020 369. Keystone has some sort of partnership with Jaboni solar and some things (?) are included in the assembly of new Fuzion and Montana 5th wheel RVs, but I dont know what is there, what I need, etc. I've reached out to Jaboni today but have not heard back.

Any experiences you'd like to share here would be greatly appreciated.
Your Fusion has the Jacobi Solar system install. I just watched a video about the fusion. The connections are standard it’s pretty straightforward With the charger switch you would need panels and 1000 watt inverted from there you could run Romax number 14 wire down into the underbelly wherever your breaker box wiring comes in. I used 2 breakers One breaker is for the refrigerator the other breaker controls the receptacles . I also used a relay to prevent any feed back using Shore power or generator. The Romax plugs into the inverter you could eliminate the relay but you would have to unplug from the inverter to run the generator or short power.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:01 AM   #4
JJaxon

You mention the "Jaboni solar system ", and one thing I dont know is what that system includes for hardware. I have verified the roof dock is installed, but not certain where the cabling runs to. I have located the low voltage control cable in the storage bay, but no decal on the wall to tell me where it ends to mount a monitor. Beyond those 2 things, I don't know if there is anything else installed with the Jaboni system. I spoke with Keystone customer service the other day about how to contact Jaboni, they suggested through a dealer, who tells me they dont know for sure how to.

This is getting a fishy smell to it. Jaboni website has a Contact us, but dont respond, and no phone number to call. If it's a dealer only contact, they should inform the dealers and state that on their website.
2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Youtube channel - Wingin' it with John
Old 06-25-2020, 10:08 AM   #5
roadglide

John in my post wiring the 14 gauge Romax to the fuse box and plug it into the Inverter can only be done safely with a relay. After thinking about that comment I made unplugging it from the inverter would be hot from the breaker box, it could be done without a relay if you chose to use switch to keep the Feedback away from the inverter and hands when using shore power. The video I watched look very easy as you stated no stickers directions or parts are available. It looks fishy and could have been the selling point .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:25 AM   #6
JJaxon

They don't have a facebook page, no phone number, and they don't seem to be posting anywhere. Sounds and smells fishy indeed.

My built in Onan generator will be a factor in how I wire in solar, and I don't want to jeopardize the integrity of that from the factory. Still researching. It would be nice if Keystone would produce better literature and diagrams for anything they build with solar. . . but.
2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Youtube channel - Wingin' it with John

Tags
fuzion, solar