Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2020, 05:45 AM   #1
katina

Springdale closet leak

I have a 2018 Springdale 311RE and have had a leak in the left bedroom closet at the top. It just sort of seeps in. I had a room seam caulked last year but now started up again ( raining as I type) . I noticed the leak not long after I bought( I bought new) but I use as a destination trailer so very hard (well impossible) for me to take back in so been trying to find someone who knows where this is coming from. Ideas? Thanks!!
katina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:22 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Check the clearance lights on the front panel. Then, climb up on the roof, look at the aluminum strip that runs across the roof from side to side. It "bridges" the front cap and the TPO roof membrane. There are screws that hold that strip in place with the front panel and the TPO membrane under the strip.

THERE SHOULD BE NO VISIBLE SCREW HEADS (all covered by DICOR sealant) and THERE SHOULD BE NO VISIBLE VOIDS IN THE SEALANT along the side seams on the front/back of the strip.

Then check closely at the ends of that strip, where it "connects" with the side molding strip and the roof "gutter extensions" Those areas should also be "completely covered by DICOR sealant" with no visible voids or screws. The "roof gutters" should be attached to the ends of the side seam aluminum strip and there should be sealant completely covering the locations where they join. THERE SHOULD BE NO GAP WHERE WATER CAN SEEP UNDER THE GUTTER EXTENSION TO FLOW BEHIND THE SIDE ALUMINUM STRIPS.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:04 AM   #3
katina

Thanks, I'll get that checked out.
katina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, springdale