Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
SandyB

2011 Sydney Outback

Hello I am brand new to RVing and am living in my new 2011 Sydney Outback and loving it. I noticed at night there is a motor sound in the wall across from the bathroom. I don't have the heat on so is it the refrigerator? Curious what the sounds are in my new home.
SandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
kenn209

water pump maybe or fan to your inverter?
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:50 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Many Dometic refrigerators have a cooling fan on the outside of the refrigerator. It is actually located just above the cooling fins on the upper part of the reefer. If you go outside, remove the vent door at the base of the refrigerator, you'll see a black cylinder on the right side, just to the left of that cylinder if you look up, you'll see a set of black fins. The fan is just above those fins.

If the noise you heard turns on and off throughout the night and you're plugged in to shore power, it's probably not the convertor cooling fan, but most likely the reefer fan cycling on and off.

If it were the water pump running (and you weren't using water) you either have a leak that needs rapid attention or you have air in the lines and the pump won't turn off, in which case you need to purge the water lines to get rid of the air.

My guess is that your reefer fan is cycling.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:42 AM   #4
brent

Smile fan

i have a 2011 sydney325fre. it is probably the fridge fan. if you have 4 slides, the fan is located in the top cover of the slide. you would need a ladder to check it.
brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
hankaye

SandyB, Howdy;

Welcome to the site, you should feel comfortable here, lots of folks giving helpful information.

Would be helpful if you were to say which model yo have. Then, maybe, someone with the same model could give some "experienced helpfull hints."

I'm based in Ut. as well, Mount Pleasant, decieded to leave the "ice box" and head South this year.
You'll need to get some skirting for that rig before the cold really gets there...

Have fun, enjoy your new quarters.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote