Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
Halcyon

Awning adjustment

We have a 2017 Keystone Sprinter 29wfrls. It has a large awning that goes out, quite a ways, but not down enough to give us shade. We have seen other trailers with “adjustable” awnings. Can I adjust this awning to increase the downward angle?

Jim deKieffer
Halcyon Shetland Sheepdogs
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:38 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There should be two "large knurled screw knobs" one on each awning arm. You can loosen the knobs, pull the awning down on each side and tighten the knobs to hold it in the lower position. If you do that, remember to loosen the arms before retracting the awning as it will "twist the arms" (or possibly bend them) if left "tightened in the lower position and retracted...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
Halcyon

Wow! It’s even easier that I thought!

I guess I just never really looked at the arms before. Here is all I have to do:
I took a picture but I don’t know how to get it on here. Anyway, all I have to do is pull on one of the hinges and it goes down. And, I don’t have to put it back like it was, according to the instructions on the arm. Thanks for giving me the impetus to look at the awning.

Jim deKieffer
Old 10-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Ah yes!! There are two different styles of arms for electric awnings. Like you said you DONT put the joint back straight when you retract. Over time that Allen bolt will loosen up and the arm won’t hold its position. Just tighten and your good for a while.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #5
Halcyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Ah yes!! There are two different styles of arms for electric awnings. Like you said you DONT put the joint back straight when you retract. Over time that Allen bolt will loosen up and the arm won’t hold its position. Just tighten and your good for a while.
Yes, and it tightens with an Allen key.

Tags
awning