Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
llhunter07

Slide out not working on 2014 Keystone Laredo 274RB

Can someone please help me? We just purchased a keystone Laredo last weekend from out of state. Brought it home, everything worked fine, well until this morning when we took it to the campground. The slide out in the kitchen will only go out about a 1/4 of an inch and then it starts clicking and making this awful sounding noise and it will not go out anymore. The other slide out on the opposite side of the trailer works fine. We have tried everything including the supposedly tool in case the slide out doesn't move. Well this didn't work either. Of course with it being a Saturday Keystone nor the service departments at the dealer are in.

Has anyone experienced this issue and if so do you now what it could be? I had the slide out yesterday at our home and it worked fine. We even moved the trailer just to make sure it was level and still nothing.

I appreciate any information.

Thanks,

Lori
llhunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
chartrand

Make sure there is nothing in the way inside or out. I had a block of wood fall inside the trailer that was hidden from fine wand my slide stopped same as yours. Removed the wood and it worked fine. Hopefully it's that easy, otherwise it may be a gear issue.

Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #3
llhunter07

Thank you Pat. We checked every place we could possibly check and didn't see anything that could be blocking it. We are thinking the same thing about the gears.
llhunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
jsheskins

hello and good day. we just used our threee week old 2014 Premier 34BHPR for the first time this weekend and had the same thing happen. i also purchased it from out of state (hershey pa show put on by camping world). i did not get any tool to manually open the slide. i had a fellow camper and myself push it open from the inside while someone held the button down. this seemed to releave the tension on the motor and stop the grinding noise it was making. after the slide was open we searched all around for and issues and could not see anything that would cause the issue. on sunday when our trip was done we had to repeat the same procedure to close the slide. to make matters worse i called my two local dealers (Economy RV and Loe's camaping center) and both basically told me since they were not the selling dealer that they really don't care to work on the camper. so after speaking with Camping World and with Keystone i will have a replacement slide motor being shipped to me so i may install myself. yes it stinks that i will have to do it myself but at least it will get me up and camping for my last trips of the year. plus they both say it will NOT effect my warranty (which i am getting in writing.)
jsheskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsheskins View Post
hello and good day. we just used our threee week old 2014 Premier 34BHPR for the first time this weekend and had the same thing happen. i also purchased it from out of state (hershey pa show put on by camping world). i did not get any tool to manually open the slide. i had a fellow camper and myself push it open from the inside while someone held the button down. this seemed to releave the tension on the motor and stop the grinding noise it was making. after the slide was open we searched all around for and issues and could not see anything that would cause the issue. on sunday when our trip was done we had to repeat the same procedure to close the slide. to make matters worse i called my two local dealers (Economy RV and Loe's camaping center) and both basically told me since they were not the selling dealer that they really don't care to work on the camper. so after speaking with Camping World and with Keystone i will have a replacement slide motor being shipped to me so i may install myself. yes it stinks that i will have to do it myself but at least it will get me up and camping for my last trips of the year. plus they both say it will NOT effect my warranty (which i am getting in writing.)
to the forum and sorry to hear about your slide problems. Many dealers take the position that they will not work on what they don't sell. It's unfortunate and there are a number of posts on this forum stating opinions from members. Very few members support this kind of dealer position. It's good to know that Keystone is sending you another slide motor. Let's hope it fixes your problem. If not, where is the nearest CW? That may be where you need to go for resolution.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
jsheskins

its about three hours away. im really sure the gear motor is the problem. if the switch is held down i can walk the slide out with a little shoulder strength. it seems to track fine going out and coming in. all the cables and guides seem to be ok. there are no signs of anything blocking the track. fingers crossed this repairs the problem. and yes it is a shame that factory recommended dealers will not work on campers not purchased from them.
jsheskins is offline   Reply With Quote