Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2020, 07:30 AM   #1
deer30084

Another leaking Keystone Passport

I own a 2018 Keystone Passport Model 2520 RL that I purchased new Oct 2018. A couple days ago I noticed a sag in the white ceiling above the bed in front of the overhead cabinet. We had stored a pillow in the cabinet and it was stained. The decorative dark brown wood strip inside the cabinet easily pulled from the wall. The staples were rusted. I used a ladder and found the sealant on the roof cracked in several places. That is most likely where the leak came from. I sealed it completely from side to side. My Passport was manufactured Aug 21, 2018 and had only a 1 year warranty. I have found out that just 2 weeks later on effective Sep 1, 2018, Keystone offered a 3 year warranty. The point of this post is for all of you to pay attention to the sealant on your roof. Unless you purchased a high quality RV (that starts with an "A") you're gonna have roof problems.
deer30084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:36 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Just to be clear, roof seams (dicor) are only covered for the first 90 DAYS. after that it is the responsibility of the buyer to perform regular maintance/inspections. Your warranty wouldn't have covered it, that's one reason I STRESS at EVERY walkthrough the importance of regular roof checks either by the owner or by the dealership, we offer free inspections.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:47 AM   #3
Logan X

I would check the roof at least every 90 days. The front cap seal is where I have found most of the cracks and gaps in the seal.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
deer30084

Yes. I will be staying on top of that from now on. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:28 PM   #5
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
I own a 2018 Keystone Passport Model 2520 RL that I purchased new Oct 2018. A couple days ago I noticed a sag in the white ceiling above the bed in front of the overhead cabinet. We had stored a pillow in the cabinet and it was stained. The decorative dark brown wood strip inside the cabinet easily pulled from the wall. The staples were rusted. I used a ladder and found the sealant on the roof cracked in several places. That is most likely where the leak came from. I sealed it completely from side to side. My Passport was manufactured Aug 21, 2018 and had only a 1 year warranty. I have found out that just 2 weeks later on effective Sep 1, 2018, Keystone offered a 3 year warranty. The point of this post is for all of you to pay attention to the sealant on your roof. Unless you purchased a high quality RV (that starts with an "A") you're gonna have roof problems.
Curious!
What's the "high quality RV that begins with "A"?
If by chance you're referring to Airstream, guess who owns them, YEP, Thor same one that owns Keystone.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:41 AM   #6
deer30084

Great! You answered your own question. Thanks for the info.

Tags
keystone, leak, passport