Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2019, 07:53 AM   #1
chood73

Area reinforced for TV mounting

I have searched all over and can’t find a definitive answer. Is the “reinforced” area for the outside tv mount just indicating where a stud is, or did they put a piece of plywood or something in their?

My Paw tv bracket is wider than one stud would be and I have seen the Paw brackets on other units.

Here is a picture of the decal I am talking about.

Anyone found an answer on this yet?

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8F07B28F-C174-4DFA-8FE4-C6F540991450.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	24007  
chood73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:50 PM   #2
crowbar

Hope you get an answer for this one. I have the same dilemma. Two places in my Springdale where it says to mount tv here, but I'm a little leery about drilling into my wall. So in the meantime, I just put my tv on the kitchen table on a pedestal.
crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:59 AM   #3
Weekender 1
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by chood73 View Post
they put a piece of plywood or something in their?

Its not just a stud, its a sizeable piece of wood.
Weekender 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:30 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekender 1 View Post
Its not just a stud, its a sizeable piece of wood.
On most trailers, if the "mounting location" is on a sidewall and the trailer is aluminum framed, the "mounting plate" is typically a 1/8 or 3/16 inch aluminum plate that's welded between two upright studs. On inside walls of aluminum frame trailers and on wooden frame trailers, it's a 1/2 or 5/8 inch plywood/OSB "plank" that's glued, screwed or more often "stapled with too many staples" between two upright wall studs.

In some trailers that I've seen, the "sticker identifying the mount location" is slapped on an interior wall a couple of "assembly locations" past where the sidewalls are installed on the trailer, so the factory worker who is "slapping the sticker on the wall" might get the location correct or he might just as easily "think he's in a 3400" and put the sticker where it should be in that model, not realizing that he's actually in a 3200 and the TV wall mount location is on the opposite wall......

Take any "sticker location" with a grain of salt, question carefully and realize that the "infamous Keystone warranty" won't cover "misplaced stickers or trusting owners who believe what they see"...

I've seen more than once where someone looking at a trailer on the sales lot will pull the sticker off the wall to "see if there's a plate behind the sticker" and then either put the sticker back (in a somewhat close location) or lay it on the bed, only to be put back on the wall by the cleaning lady on her rounds to vacuum all the trailers on the lot.

So, again, in the famous words of one of our past presidents, "TRUST BUT VERIFY"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount