Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
jserr68594

Dicor Rubber Roof, Possible Repair Needed. *PICS*

Hello,

I have a 2005 Keystone Laredo Travel Trailer with a Dicor Rubber roof. The majority of the roof appears to be in good shape, however the rubber at the edges of the roof (Where the rubber curves over the edge of the walls and attaches behind the gutters) appears to have dry rot for lack of better words.

This is my first camper, so for all I know they all do this and it is not an issue. I just wanted to post here and see what the veterans have to say about it.

Do I need to do anything? Is this normal for an 8 year old roof? What should I expect life-span wise out of the roof?

Thanks for your input!

Here are the pictures:

jserr68594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
rjsurfer

I hate to say it but your looking at a new roof in the near future. Others here will chime in and maybe they have some other opinions.

Plus, I'm not liking the seal as the roof bends around down towards the gutter, that's a key area to keep well caulked to prevent water intrusion of the side walls.

I'm hoping I'm wrong and others will have better news for you.

Ron W
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
jserr68594

Thanks for the input.

This is what I am planing to do to fix it. What do you think?

Youtube video link:
jserr68594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:45 AM   #4
bg71361

It will work fine, but it is just a bandaid the rest of your roofing material will start to deteriorate shortly. I went down the same road patching with eternabond. Good luck!
bg71361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
MConnelly

After the Eterna Bond??

Once you have your edges repaired consider using Henry's CD280 roof coating on the whole roof. I did my '09 Fuzion with three coats and the roof looks like new. Flexible and easy to wash. It also does not chalk like EDMP rubber so the black streaking on the rig sides is greatly reduced. Comes in 5 Gal drums for less than $200.00 I did three coats on my 40' rig and had material left over.
Wash the roof with OXI CLEAN and a scrub pad. Let it dry, Use a paint brush to "cut in" and then roll the rest of the roof. Dries in a day ready to re-coat in 24 hrs. My rigs roof looks like new. I did the coating about 6 months ago. Looks like the day I finished it.
Hope this helps
MConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote