Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2021, 05:29 PM   #1
CedarCreekWoody

Dining table hardware

Our camper has a dining table without an extension leaf. My wife would like an extension. I've seen photos of extensions mounted under the table end that seem to pull out, pop up level, and lock in place. Any ideas where to buy an extension? Hardware to make my own? I'm a woodworker and can make the tabletop but can't seem to find the correct hardware. Any links would be appreciated.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:51 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Woody I'm not familiar with your trailer or project but as a woodworker you've heard of Rockler I'm sure. They have lots of hardware for different things, maybe they have something that would work;

https://www.rockler.com/
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:13 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Our table extension is nothing more than a piece of "flat half inch wood the same width as the table top and about 12" long" stained to match, attached to the end of the table with a piano hinge. There's a plastic strap to hold it in the folded position. Unsnap that strap, it falls down and you swing it out, level with the table top, slide a "bolt lock device" from under the table to lock it in position. When you get ready to fold it, lift it up slightly, slide that bolt lock back under the table, fold the extension under the table and secure the plastic strap.

Here's a link to the type of "bolt locking device" that's on our table: https://www.amazon.com/Metal-Drop-Le...57300177&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DROP LEAF SUPPORT.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	34840  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:20 PM   #4
CedarCreekWoody

Thanks Danny. I am very familiar with Rockler but not really sure what im looking for. John that is certainly a workable and simple way to make it work. I may go that route. Thanks!
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote