Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2020, 08:04 AM   #1
rodo824

Rv fridge temp

I have a Cougar 344MKS. Temperature in my double door dometic fridge will not go below 39 degrees. Fridge is set at coldest temp and I have a fan in the fridge as well as in the vent area. Could it be the thermistor? It is mounted on the roof of the fridge. Has been a problem now for a couple of months. Stays between 39 and 43 degrees on electric power.
rodo824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:19 AM   #2
smithfrh

Is it a dometic rm1350? If so mine turned out to be the cooling unit luckily it was still under warranty.
smithfrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:26 AM   #3
rodo824

Rv fridge temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfrh View Post
Is it a dometic rm1350? If so mine turned out to be the cooling unit luckily it was still under warranty.
Yes it is. Mine is 2 1/2 years old. Thanks
rodo824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:16 AM   #4
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo824 View Post
I have a Cougar 344MKS. Temperature in my double door dometic fridge will not go below 39 degrees. Fridge is set at coldest temp and I have a fan in the fridge as well as in the vent area. Could it be the thermistor? It is mounted on the roof of the fridge. Has been a problem now for a couple of months. Stays between 39 and 43 degrees on electric power.
A bit confused by that description. Normally the thermistor is located in the fridge section attached to one of the far right cooling fins mid way to the bottom of that fin. GF has the Crusader 5th wheel with an 8 cu.ft. Dometic fridge and that's where it is. My previous motorhome with a Norcold 12 cu.ft. similar location.

EDIT; Current Norcold 18cu.ft. there too. Thermister 2nd fin from the right on all the above refers.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 06:39 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

4 door Dometics have been known to haver the flapper that goes between the doors hang up. I have removed the door with the flapper and shimmed it up a touch to let the flapper fully seat.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 07:19 AM   #6
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
4 door Dometics have been known to haver the flapper that goes between the doors hang up. I have removed the door with the flapper and shimmed it up a touch to let the flapper fully seat.
The Norcold 4 door have the same issue. Mine was hanging up and based on a previous thread I sanded the bottom of the flapper to remove excess length and rubbed a bar of soap on the bottom of the flapper and contact point on the fridge inside. Works very smooth now. I didn't want to shim the door because the clearance of the flapper at the top was very close and raising the door could have caused problems at the top of the flapper. Very little material was removed with sandpaper.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge