Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2019, 07:43 AM   #21
infoshot

The sail switch is shot.
Your description is exactly what happened with my 2018 Fuzion.
It's a $20 part.
infoshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:47 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofcy View Post
Mine does that too when it's cold, it works fine now. We get it to fire by banging on the sidewall near the furnace or gently tapping with the head of a screwdriver near the gas valve. I think my problem is oil in the gas line that they didn't properly purge. I am out of warranty and am cheap so I won't take it in or have a mobile tech as long as I can get it to go by the aforementioned tricks. For us it's only a few dozen times a season so no biggy.
You say, "I'm out of warranty"... Are you sure? The furnace has either a 2 year or 3 year warranty that's covered by the furnace manufacturer. It's not a part of any of the Keystone warranty..... They (Keystone) manages the manufacturer warranty during the first year, then it's up to you to contact the manufacturer to obtain warranty repairs after that first year. You should still be covered on a 2018 trailer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:01 AM   #23
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoshot View Post
The sail switch is shot.
Your description is exactly what happened with my 2018 Fuzion.
It's a $20 part.
I keep trying to test my sail switch but never catch it in time. Since it does eventually start and never fails above a certain temperature I doubt it is the brand new switch. In any case, paying $200 just for the mobile tech to show up then who knows how much an hour ($150 to $250) to pull the furnace and take it back to the shop for diagnosis only to find no problem because the furnace isn't in the cold at the shop is not worth it. I will try to talk to some local techs once we move to our winter spot next month. My sail switch is not readily accessible or I would drop $20 for a new one even though I doubt that is the issue. Either debris (most likely oil) in the gas line or a sticky gas valve since that is the part I tap on to get it to work. I do almost all my own repairs and maintenance but I don't do gas at all. Maybe I will run a log length of wire to the sail switch so I can short it out from inside.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:05 AM   #24
sonofcy

Dam, I forgot about that. We are 2 years in about 2 weeks so I will get the issue registered as a problem before that. It will still have to be a mobile tech as the dealers will be booked solid for the next few months here in snowbird central.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:37 AM   #25
Rbpinney

If each tank has a regulator, try switching tanks. On our rig, I have noticed the sam symptoms when one tank is selected. Until I find a service tech with a manometer to verify the gas pressure out of each regulator, I have been running from one side.
Rbpinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #26
sonofcy

We have a dual 30 setup with one automatic regulator. I have tried it in both positions and no difference. Sometimes it seems like the full tank does fix the problem but then next heating cycle it still fails. Most likely issue is a bad valve or something in the fuel line.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:59 AM   #27
Awinkle

We had the same problem with our Suburban furnace in our 25URS Outback. I looked up authorized repair shops for Suburban on their Internet site and called one that was close. I described the problem and he diagnosed the circuit board as the problem and told me how to get to it. It was easily accessible without removal of the furnace. It was within the two year warranty and, after checking it on his tester, he traded the bad one for a good one on the spot.

Found a helpful article on Water Heater troubleshooting at http://manuals.heartlandowners.org Just FYI
Awinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:49 PM   #28
JohnP

good advice. I would consider it.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #29
allenclme

Furnace problem

Not saying this is your issue, but my furnace works great at home and at the dealer (go figure), but when we were at sea level last summer, it wouldn't work. It would light, then shut off. We live at about 6000' above sea level.
allenclme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:53 PM   #30
kcamp99186

I had a similar problem this spring and it turned out to be loose connections on the controller board. After removing each wire, one at a time, and plugging them back fixed it. Best of luck.

kcamp99186 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace