Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
rschad

Corpus Christi Texas campgrounds

Any suggestions for campgrounds in the Corpus Christi area would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.
rschad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
thewhitehat

Mustang Island

Mustang Island is pretty close by. It's a Texas state park. My wife and I didn't care for it, but some people might. It's on the gulf side, and the place for trailers looks like one big paved parking lot. If you don't mind the wind blowing hard constantly, and the seabirds coming down and snatching food right off the grill as you're standing there, you may really enjoy it. I'll give it one thing: There's solitude, and lots of nearby places you can go fishing off a pier. There's also lonely beach you can walk.
wife, son, new dog, me

thewhitehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:37 AM   #3
chuckretnav

Corpus Christi Campgrounds

Here is a web site for a campground in Corpus. In fact it's 3 campgrounds
www.ccrvresorts.com wife and I are planning on going down in April and stay for a week. Also if you happen to be retired military there is a Navy base in Corpus that has a campground if you care for that web site send me a pvt msg. Also there is a KOA close to that area also.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
jamesfamilytx

We camp at Mustang Island State Park. You can find info here: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/mustang-island . It's basically a big parking lot and the sites are all back-in and rather close together. Each one does have a picnic table w/ portico and a grill. The RV sites are not right on the beach but the beach is close by. The sites have electric and water hook-ups only. There is a dump station near the office. The bath house is what you'd expect at a state park...clean and adequate facilities but nothing special. My kids were intrigued by the colorful frogs climbing up the shower walls! We've been several times and even when the park is fairly full, it is always quiet. The park hosts and park rangers are friendly and attentive. There are activities such as guided beach walks on weekends. You can drive on the beach so if you want a little open space, you can drive out towards the end of the beach and have it all to yourselves. There also is a jetty near the "day use" area and we recently saw a bunch of green sea turtles swimming close enough to touch. Across the road is the "bay side" of the park and it is a great area to kayak, collect shells, and watch sea birds. If you are looking for a fancy place with lots of amenities, the park is probably not for you. We love the simplicity of the state and national parks so it's great for us!

If you go to the Corpus Christi area, try to go to Padre Island National Seashore to see a baby sea turtle release -- it is quite a sight: http://www.nps.gov/pais/naturescience/releases.htm . And eat at Snoopy's: http://www.snoopyspier.com/ !

Beth and Dennis James
Austin, TX
2013 Bullet 248RKS
jamesfamilytx is offline   Reply With Quote