Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #21
AnnaK

Good thread. We're in the process of buying a 2300BH and discovered on the walk-through that the stove hood doesn't vent to the outside. We cook a lot and I'm not fond of the thought that hot steam will blow back into my face and assorted cooking aromas will settle inside the trailer.

The quote from the dealer to vent the stove hood outside before we purchase is around $450.

We are installing a reversibly 3-speed FantasticFan in the kitchen ceiling, replacing the little fan that's currently in there. The trailer we have now has a Fantastic Fan and it's a 'must have' for us. So, for now we'll not vent the stove to the outside and will see how the ceiling exhaust fan in combination with the existing hood handles cooking odors and grease. We may retrofit at a later date.

I'm glad to see that others have this same concern. I posted about it on another forum and received the suggestion that we were 'nit picky'. Someone clearly doesn't cook
AnnaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:37 AM   #22
AnnaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sod Father View Post

My solution was to install a Maxx fan in the ceiling vent near the galley. It does an outstanding job of venting heat and smoke on the rare occasions that I cook indoors. Much better then the hood fan I had in my last two trailers. Plus the Maxx Air keeps the camper cool when the windows are open.

I was happy to read this! Our new Passport is also not vented to the outside. We explored having the dealer install a vented hood but it was going to be expensive. Our previous TT had a 3-speed reversible Fantastic Fan which we used all the time. The new Passport just had the skylight in the kitchen. We had them replace that with a Fantastic Fan and a MaxxAir fan cover and want to try that to exhaust cooking heat and aromas before re-examining a vented exhaust.

I'm glad to know this works for you and hope it'll do the job for us as well.
AnnaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 AM   #23
Bushman512000

vent in the wall?

Some other things may be there as in plumbing vent or wireing carefull cutting ..Bushman..
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #24
CUFFS054

Has anyone switched their vented 12V hood for a 120V? My 12V vented hood does the job but is annoyingly loud and has only one speed.
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote