Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
Myyke

Second city water connection

I got tired of city water connection getting covered in ice as gutter from roof drips right on it. Added a second city water connection to underneath trailer, so that when i skirt trailer in, it will protected by skirting. I also made a hose connection for if i need to add the pressure regulator i bought. Also thinking of adding valve later to fill fresh water tank from city water connection, if i decide i want to take camper out somewhere else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	main city water conn winter.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	3069   Click image for larger version

Name:	second city water conn outside.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	3070   Click image for larger version

Name:	second city water conn inside.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	3071  
Myyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
hankaye

Myyke, Howdy;

One full-timer to another, are you putting any insulation in that space,
or allowing the warmer interior air keep the chill off the water works???

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Myyke

I plan on running heat trace from start of water connection right to the sewer connection (complete including tanks, seeing Glacier package does not come with tank heaters), ending with a weatherproof twist-lock plug and markings, so it will also run the heat trace for my sewer line (oddball plug so it works with sewer heat trace only.

When i have underbelly open to do this i'll run a circuit to my breaker box to run it, then insulate that space as well.

Have access to lots of heat trace, just need the time to do the mod.
Myyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
hankaye

Myyke, Howdy;

Interesting ...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:06 AM   #5
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myyke View Post
I got tired of city water connection getting covered in ice as gutter from roof drips right on it. Added a second city water connection to underneath trailer, so that when i skirt trailer in, it will protected by skirting. I also made a hose connection for if i need to add the pressure regulator i bought. Also thinking of adding valve later to fill fresh water tank from city water connection, if i decide i want to take camper out somewhere else.
I like this! Keystone seems to come up with either very good or very bad locations for things like utility connections.

My Cougar has a compartment next to the basement with fresh water, black tank flush, satellite, and outside shower all in one place along with a 110vac outlet and a 12vdc light. Everything exits through a grommet hole in the floor of the compartment and a second grommet hole in the belly. It would be easy to add some insulation for the cold weather in the grommet holes and since it's part of the basement area, heating in colder weather really isn't a problem. It's great, but I've heard so many reports of undesirable locations that I have to wonder how Keystone did so well with mine.

Anyway, well done!

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote