Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2021, 12:41 PM   #1
Itguylv

Inverter for 2021 Outback Ultralite 260UML

I bought a 260UML in April and put a solar panel in using the Zamp Solar Package and controller. It works great, and now I want to add an inverter. When I bought the trailer, I was told it had pre-wired outlets (3) for an inverter. I cannot find the outlets or the wires to hook the inverter to. Has anybody done this?
Itguylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:53 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itguylv View Post
I bought a 260UML in April and put a solar panel in using the Zamp Solar Package and controller. It works great, and now I want to add an inverter. When I bought the trailer, I was told it had pre-wired outlets (3) for an inverter. I cannot find the outlets or the wires to hook the inverter to. Has anybody done this?
Look at your outlets …there should at least be one in your bedroom one by the tv and one in the kitchen maybe another one also…they should have a little white sticker on them that says solar prep or something to that effect.
Also you will have one breaker labeled solar in your panel…you could turn it off and see what outlets lose power if they are not labeled.
Do a forum search on solar and you will find all you need to know as far as inverters.
It’s pretty time consuming to describe something that quite a few members did so effectively in the past
Old 09-13-2021, 02:04 PM   #3
Itguylv

That is my issue...

Thanks for the response. None of the outlets have a sticker. The only ones I saw said GFI Protected. I will check the breaker panel again, but I did not see that either. I know when I put in the charge controller, I had to tone the wires from the top, because that label was not there either. I think Keystone is missing some Q/A items.

I understand how to do the solar, that is not a problem. I was just looking for the wires and outlets. I am beginning to think that it is not pre-wired.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:09 PM   #4
Essvar

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=42742

That should give you all the information you need... and then some

Also, my inverter prepped outlets had a little lightning bolt sticker on them...
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:27 PM   #5
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=42742

That should give you all the information you need... and then some

Also, my inverter prepped outlets had a little lightning bolt sticker on them...
…thank you
Old 09-19-2021, 12:39 PM   #6
ExtremeRVing

OTG inverter outlets are mostly not labeled unfortunately.

However, as you stated there are generally 3, but an be up to 5.

The three are located in the following area's:

1 - Kitchen, generally its the GFI protected outlet, meant for a coffee pot
2 - the outdoor kitchen, meant for the electric refrigerator
3 - bedroom, generally near the USB ports, meant for a CPAP machine

The inverter is a Xantrex Freedom X 1200 Watt 12 Volt DC Inverter with transfer.

If you go to your distribution center, you will find generally in slot 1 (most left) is a 15Amp breaker that is generally reserved for the inverter. This may be different for your specific brand, but they (Keystone) generally put it at one end or the other.

If you flip that breaker off while plugged into shore power, you will be able to locate the outlets that are connected.

Keep in mind that the design of the OTG system by Keystone is to provide 1200 or 2000 watts total between the 3-5 outlets, depending on the inverter. The wiring, etc

I have included the factory electrical diagram for reference

ADDITIONAL NOTES

If you have not placed inline from your solar panels to your charger, a shut off or disconnect switch, you should

You will also see shut off switches in the diagram, they are generally not "pre-installed", so you may need to add them.

Keystone also just had a recall on 2021 models for incorrect wiring on the OTG system, you should have your dealer confirm that everything is correct from the factory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OTG wiring diagram.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	35880  
ExtremeRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:19 PM   #7
Falcon67

Haven't really had time to go into it on our new 2021 220RD, but same - no inverter marked outlets and only an SAE connector on the nose for "solar prep". Will be trying to get the model info off the battery charger tonight so will look for a spare inverter breaker.
Falcon67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 06:19 AM   #8
Chris85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itguylv View Post

Sorry I can't answer your question but I have the same camper and it came solar ready I am trying to figure out how to hook up the controller I cut a hole in my compartment panel where the sticker was found the two wires labeled battery positive and battery negative but I can't find the wires that go to the plugs on the roof. Where I cut my hole I was right below a beam which is right near the light in the compartment is it possible that the wires for the roof plugs are above that beam near the light I just don't want to cut another hole if that's not where they are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230716_094741_01.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	44568  
Chris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 10:00 AM   #9
Itguylv

They are there somewhere. My suggestion is you go to Home Depot, and for about $60 you can buy a low voltage wire toner. This will allow you to hook something up on the zamp roof plugins (make sure to get a toner with alligator clips) and have a little sensor that will make noise that you can scan for inside the compartment. Mine were about 6 or 8 in away from the battery wires and I had to use a coat hanger in order to fish for them.
Old 07-16-2023, 02:18 PM   #10
Chris85

Thank you so much I will try that
Chris85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, outback