Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
BigSky!

Valterra Sewer Hose Tube Install Question - Polar Package

I have used Valterra sewer hose storage tubes and 5X5 fence posts in the past on previous units to store my sewer hoses. Install has always been rather easy. However, I just bought a 2015 Keystone Cougar with the Polar Package. Consequently, the entire underside is covered with material which makes it difficult to ad a center brace/bracket.

This Valterra I bought is the extendable version making it somewhat less rigid in the middle. This makes me want a bracket (included with the tube) mounted somewhere in the middle third of the tube. However, I want to know what I may be drilling into and I don't want to be cutting the material/fabric underneath.

Does anybody have any ideas of a good way to go about this? As a last resort I can mount it on top of or below the bumper; but, I don't really want to do that if I don't have to do so. I would actually like to mount a couple of extra made of the 5X5 posts for storage of other things. This is a great route I've gone before. Thanks in advance.
BigSky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:32 PM   #2
Terry W.

I bought the storage tube from CW and mounted on the I beam of the frame. Keystone Avalanche been there for years
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:56 PM   #3
BigSky!

I have the outside i-beams running down the exterior sides to which I can easily mount the ends. What about the center? Is there one running down the center of a Keystone Cougar travel trailer underneath the fabric?
Old 06-19-2020, 01:47 AM   #4
WNY Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky! View Post
I have the outside i-beams running down the exterior sides to which I can easily mount the ends. What about the center? Is there one running down the center of a Keystone Cougar travel trailer underneath the fabric?
I installed the Sewer Hose Tube and only fastened at the ends, I didn't add a center support. Working fine!
2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:35 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

I took a sheet of marine plywood and ripped a 12" length. Screwed that to the frame and the tube to the plywood. This allowed me to move the tube to the edge of the J wrap for easy access.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:58 AM   #6
BigSky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY Bullet View Post
I installed the Sewer Hose Tube and only fastened at the ends, I didn't add a center support. Working fine!
That makes me a feel a little more optimistic. I know it's not a lot of weight; but, physics always exists beyond my desires. Thanks WNY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I took a sheet of marine plywood and ripped a 12" length. Screwed that to the frame and the tube to the plywood. This allowed me to move the tube to the edge of the J wrap for easy access.
Interesting mod. Thanks flybouy.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:24 AM   #7
Texas Steve

Add a piece of kindorf (HD in electrical section) and mount from I-beam to I-beam then mount the storage to that. They also have connectors which slide in the kindorf.
Attached Images

Texas Steve is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sewer