Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2020, 02:01 PM   #1
ctyrea

Slider Issue

New to these forums so please bear with me.

When i try to extend my large slide on my outback, it slows down and sounds like its in a bind and eventually trips the auto reset breaker once and sometimes twice before its fully extended. Once its extended, i have tried to align the slide but my two bottom brackets, no matter how hard i crank on the adjustment bolts, i can't get them flush to the jam. the closest i can get them is 1/2 inch from the jam. I've tried to adjust the accu-slide system but its just not working. When the slide is retracted, absolutely no problems.

Now i think the gear box has stripped. when trying to extend the slide there is no movement just popping. a gear box is now ordered.

JUST CANT FIGURE OUT WHERE THE BINDING IS COMING FROM! Could it maybe be in the gear box? Any help is sooooo appreciated. Thanks.
ctyrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:05 PM   #2
Sulphur1

Same happens on our 2011 Cougar HC 299 ctyrea - cannot get the bottom in flush against the wall/seal. Makes sitting at the table on a slope uncomfortable.
Tried everything including Norco advice to jack up & pull tight as possible (thereby risking damage). I believe the problem is the rollers at each end of the long slide are too far inside thereby changing the pivot point too far inside.
No problems with the bedroom slide where the rollers are right next to the opening.
Sulphur1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:46 AM   #3
ctyrea

Thanks for the reply. I was guessing i did something wrong due to the lack of responses.

The new gear box came in yesterday and i was quick to install it. Now it extends and retracts with no issues. The bottom still has about a 1/4" gap so I'm gonna be good with that.
If that didn't work, jacking up the slide into position is exactly what i was going to do.

Thanks again!
ctyrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 01:21 AM   #4
Sulphur1

Jacking up each end of the slide when it is against the wall does work (stays there), but a PITA to do each time. I should have said that the wear bar is in from the opening. Intend to install rollers as near as possible to the inside of the slide opening.
Sulphur1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide