Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #1
SevenJr

Bal Lock Arm on Springdale 2600TB?

Hello,

First time poster and first time trailer owner. I bought a 2018 Springdale Summerland 2600TB last year and have only had the camper out twice now. (I'm a merchant mariner and we use it for fair week kids do 4-H) I plan to order heavier duty stabilizers for the camper already. However being that as I have kids they get the camper just a shaking when they walk through it. I saw that the Bal system seems to be quite the upgrade however after looking under my trailer it looks like all the framing in the prime mounting areas are taken up by the gray and black tanks. Looking at the front end I'm not entirely sure I would be able to mount the arms there either. So I'm curious if anyone here with a similar camper has mounted these. It irritates my wife annnnd so even though we only use it for about a week out of the year naturally I have to try and make her happy.

Thanks in advance!
SevenJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:03 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Bal Lock Arm on Springdale 2600TB?

Welcome to the forum!!

You have options. You don’t have to mount stabilizer jacks to the frame. You could use jack stands. Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Olympia...gateway&sr=8-4

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:41 AM   #3
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Welcome to the forum!!

You have options. You don’t have to mount stabilizer jacks to the frame. You could use jack stands. Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Olympia...gateway&sr=8-4

Used these on the previous TT. Placed in front and behind the axles/wheels they made the TT a lot more solid.
There are other systems that are maybe better but much more expensive. YMMV

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:24 AM   #4
mwemaxxowner

I've been thinking about these for the last few days. Very cheap, not much lost if it's not good enough. The few threads I've seen most of the guys were putting a pair front side to side, rear side to side, and one pair somewhere in the same vicinity as the steps going front to back. They all claimed more effectiveness than anything else they've tried, and these closely mimic a commercial aluminum solution I used to use on my fifth wheel that worked well.

I have the Camco screw jacks. They work but aren't the end all be all. If the ground they rest on isn't parallel to the surface they are lifting on, they can be a pain. I also have trouble with the head wanting to twist against the surface as I screw it, causing it to want to move around. Then I have to keep tapping it into place so it doesn't slip off the frame. I've thought about trying to attach a piece of felt on the top, and maybe keep the screw to head part lubricated with some penetrating oil or something. 
Name:   IMG_2712.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  26.4 KB

Name:   image%20(1).jpg
Views: 168
Size:  27.1 KB

Name:   RV%20stabalizer.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  13.9 KB

Name:   image.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  22.4 KB
Attachment 1

Attachment 23382
mwemaxxowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #5
B-O-B'03

I installed these stabilizers on our camper, They work great, really helped eliminate the trailer bouncing, when the dog or DW walk around and the install was fairly simple.

It took me less than an hour and a half, start to finish.

I think they cost a little more than the Bal units, but the reviews seem to be better.

-Brian

Tags
springdale