Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2019, 05:20 AM   #1
PiGraf

Trailer Lift

Hi All... I have a new truck 2019 F350 to pull my 2015 Laredo 297SE fifth wheel. This truck rides higher than my previous truck. I know I can raise the king pin box, but don't think that will level my trailer when towing. Has anyone done a lift on the trailer suspension? Is this a good way to level the rig?

Thanks,
Tim
PiGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:51 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Does your trailer have the Correct Track alighment system installed? If not, that will gain you about 1.5-2 inches of trailer height.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:53 AM   #3
Camper Dog

I just adjusted my Air Lift 25K. I needed to raise the nose of the 5th Wheel 3 inches so it was much easier to raise the hitch vs the King Pin for me, and while I had it apart I re-greased and did maintenance on it.
Camper Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:51 AM   #4
PiGraf

Yes it does have the correct track system.
PiGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:30 PM   #5
5J's

Be very cautious about lifting the trailer as that will change your center of gravity, thus becoming more top heavy. I've heard several folks talking about lifting their trailers so it's doable but, I'd approach with much caution.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:19 PM   #6
lunge motorsport

Greetings
I had the same issue so I fab’d some 3” blocks to fit between the spring pack and the axle. They are the same concept in reverse as the “lowering block” used by hot rodders when the axles sit above the spring pack and they’re using them to lower the vehicle. I purchased heavier u bolts, 5/8” I think and heavier tie plates. Prior to the mod I researched all I could find. I read about the center of gravity concern and decided that if I’m towing fast enough that the CG of my 5th wheel is actually a factor I’m probably going way too fast. I ran it like that for about 20k miles until I got tired of the junk leaf spring suspension and dumb...I mean drum brakes. Leaf springs do not locate axles well especially in a tandem configuration so I changed all of it. I do have a few photos of the block/spacers installed. If you would like to see them send me a pm with your contact info and I’ll send you some.
Darrel
Old 05-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #7
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiGraf View Post
Yes it does have the correct track system.
If it has the correct track you can install this kit and add 2", it's made by Lippert so it should be safe to use.

https://store.lci1.com/correct-track...sion-alignment

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:28 PM   #8
MerlinB

[QUOTE=hdrolling;338838]If it has the correct track you can install this kit and add 2", it's made by Lippert so it should be safe to use.

https://store.lci1.com/correct-track...sion-alignment

That kit is not going to help him. He already has the correct-track system. That kit is for installing correct-track on a trailer that does not have it and it will result in a 2" lift.

If he gets that kit he will just have a bunch of spare parts.
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:51 PM   #9
wobly

I'm really interested in this kit to raise our trailer a couple of inches. Does anybody have any real world experience with installing the kit or using it on a trailer?
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:01 AM   #10
X-Jaywalker

Ditto. I am in the same boat. 2-3" would be great.
X-Jaywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:09 AM   #11
jsb5717

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobly View Post
I'm really interested in this kit to raise our trailer a couple of inches. Does anybody have any real world experience with installing the kit or using it on a trailer?
I have installed this kit myself on a previous rig. It's a bit of work and requires attention to well supporting the trailer. I did one side at a time by jacking up the entire side of the trailer with my 12 ton bottle jack then placing jack stands and blocks to make sure it stayed there. The suspension needs to hang loose in order to do the install. The most difficult part for me was all of the drilling. There's a lot and requires more stamina in the arms than I had. As a result it took me a couple days per side. Once holes are drilled the install is pretty straight forward. Just follow the directions.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote