Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2022, 08:55 AM   #21
beerjay

Freeze damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane39562 View Post
I work in west Texas and recently returned after 12 days at home to find the latest winter storm to hit Texas did a number on my camper ! I turned off the water, opened all the faucets, and removed the water hose before leaving for home just in case. When I got back to the camper last night and reconnected the water, my kitchen sink faucet was leaking from the the handle, my toilet is leaking from somewhere (not sure where, it's pooled around the base of the toilet but I'm thinking the water valve cracked), and my shower head is busted and leaking ! I have a 2019 Keystone Laredo 5th wheel and I'm new to the camper world. Any help is appreciated ! Amazon part numbers, fixes, anything ! I am no plumber but I'm pretty good at fixing most things. Thanks in advance !
I am in Canada and winterizing is always a must. A couple of years ago I opened up the trailer and de-winterized it. There was a small amount of water left in the hot water bypass valve that cracked the valve. This is a quiet leak like the water pump one someone mentioned. Check all the traps in the plumbing, they likely cracked too since water sits in them. So look every where. Have someone turn the water on that can hear you when you tell them to turn it off.
beerjay

beerjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:04 AM   #22
Bob Landry

Automotive antifreeze is toxic to drinking water systems. Spring the $$$ and get the correct stuff. It's not that much.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:21 AM   #23
larryflew

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amazon toilet valve. In the case of the toilet valve I have replace 4 on our 5th wheel and friends toilets. Interesting that some had 2 screws, some had 1 screw and our 5th wheel had no screws. All where fine when clicked into place.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon shower valve
Old 02-14-2022, 08:25 AM   #24
popsshopga

Fortunately, our camper has a sealed bottom. That being said, when I know we are having below freeze temps, I turn on my furnace to 50 degrees and open all cabinet doors. Yes, I have drained all water and used my air comperessor to make sure all water is out. I also open the tamk drain valves (tanks emptied).

Works for me.

Just my 2% of a buck....
popsshopga is offline   Reply With Quote