Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2021, 02:48 PM   #1
sleepy

Cougar26rbs new user

This is my first Rv, Cougar26rbs and although we have have had it only a few weeks, we love it. We use it as a stand in place and are only there at irregular times.
Today I went to empty the gray and black water tanks for the first time There is a gray and black at the rear and a gray closer to the front. The two rear ones emptied without a problem. On the front gray one, I removed the cap but can't find a handle to open it. The computer says its almost full but nothing came out.
Im sure its due to my unfamilitary with Rv's and lack of knowledge but I would appreciate any advice offered. I crawled under but did not see a pull handle like on the rear ones
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 06:45 PM   #2
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
This is my first Rv, Cougar26rbs and although we have have had it only a few weeks, we love it. We use it as a stand in place and are only there at irregular times.
Today I went to empty the gray and black water tanks for the first time There is a gray and black at the rear and a gray closer to the front. The two rear ones emptied without a problem. On the front gray one, I removed the cap but can't find a handle to open it. The computer says its almost full but nothing came out.
Im sure its due to my unfamilitary with Rv's and lack of knowledge but I would appreciate any advice offered. I crawled under but did not see a pull handle like on the rear ones
We have a 2020 26RBSWE, and I know this story. Went to dump our tanks for the first time and found that the pull handle had fallen out somewhere. We bought it used at about 8 months old from a private party. I guess when I did my walk around, I didn't notice it missing. Or I guess it could have been there and fell out on our 2000 mile pull. Either way, it's not a hard fix. Let me find my old post and I'll put a link here for you.

Here you go:
https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...highlight=Gray

This is what I bought on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JY...b_b_prod_image
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 03:36 AM   #3
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN. I agree with the previous post that the handle fell off.
Old 10-28-2021, 04:36 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

sleepy, Welcome to the forum. Since you are in learning mode, one thing that helps is to put your year, make and model of Cougar in a signature as well as the same for your tow vehicle. Go to UserCP at top left of every page and signature is under that button. This will give your questions more context and you will get better answers. Cheers
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 05:19 PM   #5
sleepy

Thank you. I think I did it correctly
Old 10-28-2021, 05:24 PM   #6
sleepy

Thank you. I will check that on Sunday but I really didn't see a place where there had been a handle
One more quick question if you don't mind. Just exactly where in the docking station should I put the air compressor to blow out the lines? The water fill has a female hose connection with a screen. Next to that there is a quick disconnect which I had assumed was for the shower
Old 10-28-2021, 05:27 PM   #7
Gary R.

Hello and welcome!

The handles for the tank pull valves tend to loosen as the rig rolls down the road. I installed locknuts on the backside of each handle on our Alpine so that wouldn't happen again.

Have fun and take care!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 07:07 PM   #8
mikec557

Quote:
Thank you. I will check that on Sunday but I really didn't see a place where there had been a handle
One more quick question if you don't mind. Just exactly where in the docking station should I put the air compressor to blow out the lines? The water fill has a female hose connection with a screen. Next to that there is a quick disconnect which I had assumed was for the shower
First the handle question. On mine, where the edge of the coroplast lays on the bottom of the I-beam, or maybe it's C-channel, the factory sprayed a thin line of expanding foam. At that time, the handle was present. After it fell out there was a 3/8-1/2in hole in the the foam where the handle used to stick out. Shine a flashlight on that thin edge. Straight in that hole is where the threaded rod is on the gate valve. I couldn't blindly line up the new handle. I had to cut a flap in the coroplast to see what I needed to do. If you cut the flap, be very careful. The coroplast is thin and the tank is right on the other side.

As for winterizing with air, I can't help you. I haven't done that.
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 05:59 AM   #9
Gkri

Quote:
Welcome from Eastern, PA. there have been several recent posts on winterizing with air. Do a search and there will be a wealth of information. As a start, you will need an adapter for your compressor to the city water inlet. Don't forget the black tank flush. all well covered in recent winterizing posts.
enjoy your camper.
2022 Sierra 2500 HD, 6.6L Gasser
Gkri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar