Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #1
ocyberbum

Springdale SM1750 Tv Mount?

Hello, We just bought a used 2011 SM1750 Springdale mini, As we start to customize to make it our own we wanted to see how others have mounted there tv's. We are looking to mount the TV on the wall to the wood trim that goes around the A/C where the power plug comes through on the left (pic1), i know i will have to mount a board on the inside to give it more strength but im not 100% sure if it is the right thing to do, the purpose is to free up the counter top under the A/C to give us alot more space. I have done this to other cabinets before but never one with a A/C unit in it, This model is listed more under the 1750RD and i see there are several places to put a tv in those under the a/c or on the wall in front of the A/C.. We do not have a sticker that says to use a mount but ours looks to be setup to mound under the A/C by the cable/Power plugs on the wall but the wall doesn't seem sturdy enough to support a tv bracket that would swing the T/V out of the way.
Putting screws in the outside wall makes me nervous... so i was hoping to use the A/C wood frame to avoid that also... Any pics or ideas would be appreciated

WE have a Vizio 32" Tv, Weight is 9.26 LB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200612_162824.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	29651   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv in camper.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	29652  
ocyberbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:22 PM   #2
ocyberbum

update:
After our last trip we are now also looking at putting the tv on the wall in front of the A/C, i know in newer models this is where it was also mounted by the factory, but since our mount is under the tv i wanted to see if anyone has mounted a tv in the same spot??, the bathroom is on the other side and anything i mount looks like it would just go through to the other side of the wall. the walls are thin so there is not a lot of support to build something that still looks somewhat factory
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv in camper.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	31512   Click image for larger version

Name:	bathroom skylight.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	31513  
ocyberbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:39 PM   #3
paulinri

I bought a new 2021 RD1750. The rear-facing wall to the right of the A/C is marked for installing the TV bracket. Just above it is the cable and antenna receptacles and electric power receptacle. When you knock on that section, it sounds solid rather than hollow. Good luck with your new "mini".
Military veteran, retired from IT
First RV trailer, first truck in 20 yrs.
Rhode Island
paulinri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 03:07 PM   #4
tdav059

Hey Gang, what size tv do you show in the picture? I am guessing 24” ? Looking to mount a tv sometime in the next couple weeks. Could you possibly provide a picture of what it looks like mounted on the wall? Thanks for your time.
tdav059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 03:11 PM   #5
tdav059

Sorry gang….just saw the rest of the feed…32” tv. Thanks
tdav059 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount, springdale