Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2020, 12:33 PM   #1
kksfish

The DW made me do it!

While just driving near home a couple weeks ago the DW saw a very nice looking Grand Design Reflection with a for sale sign......and the rest is history!
In keeping with my reluctance to buy new this used 337 model had a new EPDM roof installed under warranty about three months prior so that was kinda the deciding factor for me. So we have now sold our beloved Laredo with absolutely nothing wrong with it, and everything worked!
Hope it’s still ok to hang out here! I have picked up so much knowledge from you guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C8EA9F9D-C217-4D14-B945-34516CA10C08.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	26313  
Old 04-11-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kksfish View Post
While just driving near home a couple weeks ago the DW saw a very nice looking Grand Design Reflection with a for sale sign......and the rest is history!
In keeping with my reluctance to buy new this used 337 model had a new EPDM roof installed under warranty about three months prior so that was kinda the deciding factor for me. So we have now sold our beloved Laredo with absolutely nothing wrong with it, and everything worked!
Hope it’s still ok to hang out here! I have picked up so much knowledge from you guys!

Hanging out here is fine; we all learn from each other and RVs are basically the same. Anyway, until DW wanted a full size washer and dryer that 337 was in the running and I thought it was a nice trailer. Congrats and good luck!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 01:01 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Your welcome to stay. I worked on GD stuff for over 6 years before changing dealerships last year in October. I will say they are nice units and they have the same components as your Laredo. Stay here and keep contributing please.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 01:34 PM   #4
Chris P

That's a really nice rig ! Absolutely stick around,We can't have enough good people here.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 04:17 PM   #5
kksfish

Thanks everyone!

Danny, it has the hookup for washer and dryer but I haven’t let her talk me into that........YET!
Old 04-11-2020, 04:55 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kksfish View Post
Thanks everyone!

Danny, it has the hookup for washer and dryer but I haven’t let her talk me into that........YET!

Be prepared! We had both said all our RV lives that a washer/dryer was off limits and unneeded. Looking at 5vrs, she had some problems trying to do laundry at the park laundromat and a little irritated, picked out a 337 and then she throws out "I want a washer and dryer"!! What??!! In front of the salesman, in the trailer. What a revelation at such a moment. OK, I say, we'll need a washer and dryer. He says they make some nice combos, BUT, you need to learn how to use them and I (he) usually take my clothes out on the dry cycle, shake them out and let them "air" dry because the dryer won't get them dry and it takes forever. Hmmm. I'm thinking I don't like the idea of "clothes lines" hanging from corner to corner in the RV (he laughed and remembered that line). Just put a regular RV washer and dryer in it I says. Well, you really can't do that because it's not built for it - you need a full profile RV - Solitude...Hmmm - THANKS DW!!!

A little animated story to sort of make you aware of what the "yet" might entail. Thankfully DW made her long lost, hidden desire for a W/D clear to me BEFORE I pulled the pin on one that wouldn't take care of her "needs".
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:04 AM   #7
kksfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Be prepared! We had both said all our RV lives that a washer/dryer was off limits and unneeded. Looking at 5vrs, she had some problems trying to do laundry at the park laundromat and a little irritated, picked out a 337 and then she throws out "I want a washer and dryer"!! What??!! In front of the salesman, in the trailer. What a revelation at such a moment. OK, I say, we'll need a washer and dryer. He says they make some nice combos, BUT, you need to learn how to use them and I (he) usually take my clothes out on the dry cycle, shake them out and let them "air" dry because the dryer won't get them dry and it takes forever. Hmmm. I'm thinking I don't like the idea of "clothes lines" hanging from corner to corner in the RV (he laughed and remembered that line). Just put a regular RV washer and dryer in it I says. Well, you really can't do that because it's not built for it - you need a full profile RV - Solitude...Hmmm - THANKS DW!!!

A little animated story to sort of make you aware of what the "yet" might entail. Thankfully DW made her long lost, hidden desire for a W/D clear to me BEFORE I pulled the pin on one that wouldn't take care of her "needs".

Well at least you found out before you bought the 337..😂
Old 04-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #8
Huntme

if the Dw is not happy,no one will be happy.
Huntme is offline   Reply With Quote