Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #1
cvma.eagle

Carbon 327

Still considering options, on different TH. Any opinion of the Carbon 327. I know it's been replaced by a newer model, but have been looking at previous owned and it's in budget. Any input would be welcome.
Eagle
Mike
cvma.eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:55 AM   #2
fjrandy

Re: Carbon 327

We have a carbon 33 so it is a bumper pull. We have the partydeck and love it. Just make sure it has a rolldown screen door. Summer can get pretty buggy. Ours is only a 30amp system so only one AC make sure and go 50 amp with two AC's. Been happy with the carbon so far.
Randy
fjrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:14 AM   #3
MickLittle

We have a Carbon 347. Same floor plan and a little longer garage. We have been very happy with this unit. It is our first toy hauler after owning 5ers. Seem to be built well and has a few more options than we have had in previous RV's. If your looking for lower priced toy hauler, I don't think you could go wrong. It is a heavy trailer compared to some, doesn't have some of the "BLING" as others, but is a comfortable toy hauler. (Bedroom is the selling point for wife)
MickLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:25 AM   #4
1jeep

Love my carbon, no it doesn't have all the fancy things such as side by frodge or hydraulic jack system, but im the guy outside at the fire with my beer in a cooler!

btw...It has a 12' garage
Old 10-25-2016, 01:48 PM   #5
RETSEK

We have had a 327 for two years and really enjoy it. Like the floorplan and minimal issues.

Dan & Lora
Marshalltown Iowa
RETSEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:56 PM   #6
cvma.eagle

THANKS a lot for the input. There is just the two of us, and the bikes. We ride, and have been all over the country with the bikes from SD to FLA and points in between. Time to retire and go see the grand kids and ride while we can. The garage can act as dining room when need.
Want to look at a deck kit, but not sure there is one out there available. Finishing up at work, so we can spend some time going to see our family.
Mike/Eagle
Old 11-04-2016, 01:04 PM   #7
dcg9381

I have the 327 and like the floor plan. Mine got a few extra "issues" that have required a return to the factory, but I do not think the issues are specific to the 327 at all...
Only complaint: Would have been nice to have a bigger fridge.

I really like the RV without all of the fancy electronics of the Raptor, etc.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:58 AM   #8
gary31

How did you get a Party Deck? Did you add it or get it new? I have a 31 and would love the option
gary31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #9
cvma.eagle

There is no deck kit with the TH. I know there are deck kits for the higher end models, but am trying to find out if there is actually one for the 327, it's a neat feature, especially with grandkids and all, but, I would be out under the awning with a cooler, and some Steely Dan.
Mike/Eagle
Old 11-09-2016, 12:15 PM   #10
1jeep

party deck is actually the last option I would want.

I did opt for the second ac, gen, and 3 batteries, but wish I had added a awning over the garage entry door...maybe this season I will add that.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:35 PM   #11
gary31

I guess we all have our preferences, just depends on how you use your unit. I would say I don't need a PARTY DECK but I do enjoy the DECK for morning coffee and evenings with the wife and a nice glass of wine. The deck gives you a nice level area to sit without having to climb the stairs every time you need something in the camper.
gary31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #12
cvma.eagle

Gary, that's along the lines we are going as well. I like the outside, and just was looking at a way to relax and just enjoy the day, and time . Everyone thanks. This is going to be something to get use too, and looking forward to just being able to enjoy. Retired from my second career yesterday, so , all is going to be new again.
Mike/Eagle
Old 02-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #13
Kenemac

I just joined so I realize this is a late post. I'm sure you'll love the carbon. I just bought a new 2017 357 and really like it. Not sure what other bling there could be. This thing has gen, 6 point hydraulic auto level, back patio deck with auto awning, jack Jill front bath and a darned good price. I really think you could not go wrong buying a carbon of any model.
Kenemac is offline   Reply With Quote