Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
Bunkhouse

Need Help. I'm stunned at Keystone's latest move.

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping for some advice or contacts at Keystone. You can see more details of my concerns under "RV Industry concerns". Here is what I posted with the BBB moments ago.

We purchased a new 2014 Cougar 324RLB in March of 2014. From the day we picked up the trailer it has had electrical issues. We have also found out that Keystone and the dealer was aware of this issue prior to the purchase.

1.) The touch control panel went out the first weekend we used the RV. Keystone fixed this under warranty.

2.) The thermostat in the hot water heater failed. Keystone fixed this under warranty.

3.) The remote control system has never worked, and still has not been fixed to this day.
The remote module has been replaced 7 times !!!!!!!

4.) After picking up the trailer for use on one trip earlier this month the trailer brakes did not function. The batteries will also not charge.

The dealer has been contending that there is an electrical issue somewhere in the trailer causing all of these electrical issues, and yet I'm told Keystone does not agree.
The dealer needs to remove the underbelly of the trailer to further inspect the cause of the trailer brake failure, and the lack of charging to the batteries. The dealer submitted the claim to Keystone and Keystone denied the claim stating the trailer was out of warranty ( by 6 weeks ).

Here's a few points ....

1.) I've been in contact with Johnathan ( one of Keystone's customer service reps ) for months and months. During our conversations and emails he agreed that Keystone would extend our warranty as soon as all the problems were resolved. Well the problems have never been resolved !!!!! and now they deny the claim because it's past the warranty !! To me this borders on fraud.

2.) This trailer has been at the dealer for warranty work for 8 1/2 months of the first year of ownership and still isn't fixed !

3.) Keystone denies warranty claims on a trailer that has never fully functioned as advertised !
Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #2
buzzcop63

Contact Good Sam Action Line online at goodsamclub.com/actionline, send an email to [email protected] or write to Action Line, Good Sam Club, P.O. Box 90020, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42102-9020. Send a brief letter of explanation and copies of receipts and other records.

After exhausting all othr resources without success, please send a typed letter to Trailer Life RV Resolutions, 2750 Park View Court, Suite 240, Oxnard, California 93036. Include copies of appropriate bills and correspondence as well as a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Check with your local BBB office. Good Luck!
Old 04-25-2015, 02:24 AM   #3
JimQ

Sorry to hear that your going through such an ordeal. Hopefully with the information buzzcop63 provided above, the situation will be rectified in the near future. Best of luck!
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:25 AM   #4
notanlines

With the advice of many, many posters here I see how far you have gotten. Always be nice to everyone involved and never, under any circumstances contact an attorney. It will work every time. What? It didn't work? How can that be? We of course are assuming that what you say is gospel. And we have no reason not to believe every word. One has to do very little more than read the numerous posts about Keystone denying any number of legitimate claims to realize the character of this company. In your case I would follow the advice of Buzzcop ONE TIME. Then without threatening anyone or any company visit an accomplished attorney and get the works on the road.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:47 AM   #5
Rex1vt

1.) I've been in contact with Johnathan ( one of Keystone's customer service reps ) for months and months. During our conversations and emails he agreed that Keystone would extend our warranty as soon as all the problems were resolved.

In my case Keystone agreed our unit was out of service 125 days for warranty work,there was another 45 days I let slide.I talked with customer service rep Lisa Calderon and requested an extended warranty and was denied,they said they would pay me $200,AS A GOOD WILL OFFER.My 2014 327RES fifth wheel should be complete now,warranty is up 4/29.I did have one early response from Jeff Kloska,Product Manager, but all other emails and calls were ignored.
[email protected] 574-535-1441.We have not tried out the final repairs.
Rex1vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:24 PM   #6
BSHGTO

yep sameo sameo

yet another horror story. You should read my post on the Montana Owners Club forum. Under Repairs and Service-- Galley tank repair
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:20 PM   #7
carwheel_09

I'm a first time Keystone owner. I find that the company and some of their dealers are sorely lacking any quality of customer service. The question for some of us is going forward will we purchase another Keystone product. I don't think I will, money talks. Our challenges fall on deaf ears.
carwheel_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:33 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

fwiw - my service manager at our dealership took me aside one day as my warranty was running out and advised me to look at a Heartland product. He said they were much better about warranty service and he thought they built a better product. All people have their opinions and from my experience all RV manufacturerers leave a lot to be desired. I have my Keystone because I like the way it is built and the way it is layed out. It has been in the shop more than I've had it in the first 13 months but I think we've about turned that corner and don't want to start the "repair to get it right" cycle again for a while.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:52 AM   #9
GaryWT

This is a shame that something that went on throughout the first year gets cut off like that. I deal with the dealer on issues and have not called Keystone or any other manufacturer over the years. I still say a good dealer can get things done and get Keystone or whoever to agree. There are stories of dealers getting new trailers for customers from Keystone under warranty if there are major issues. When you hear a story like this I think the dealer needs to do more. The underbelly should have been looked at during the 2nd visit at the latest.

I hope they come through for you.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:01 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

GaryWT is right. Although we've had some issues with our camper our dealer and service manager have come thru for us over and over. I have no doubt they would have been "into" the camper trying find the OPs electrical problems. We won't be back home from FL until June, 4 months after our warranty has expired, and they have gotten approval for additional warranty repairs to be completed when we return - I had to do nothing but tell them the issues.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:33 PM   #11
debbo5960

Unhappy keystone warranty

There customer service is not very good! !!! I tried for months to get some kind of reply from them and now they say they can't help me with my front cap decals they have cracked and looks like the color are running together. They know they have a problem with the decals on the raptor but they won't do anything to help. You pay $70,000 for a trailer and it looks awful. We will never buy a keystone again.
debbo5960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:01 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

debbi5960,

If I read your profile correctly, your RV is a 2011 model. That puts it 3 years out of warranty. Why would you claim that Keystone's customer service is "not very good" because they won't give you new decals 3 years after the warranty is expired?

Something seems to be amiss to believe that a company with a "stated one year warranty" should be giving away products 4 years after purchase. It's not that I'm unsympathetic with your problem, but come on now, why is it Keystone's problem? If they refused to repair it during the one year warranty, then you'd be correct in your statement, but now? 4 years later?

I well remember all the cracked vinyl roofs on cars in the 70's from all three of the "major manufacturers". None of them were replacing vinyl roofs 3 years after the warranty expired. If the seats in my truck should tear or if a big crack appears in the dash after it's 6 years old (3 years out of warranty) should I complain because Ford won't put new seat covers in it for me or that they won't replace the dash? Heck, GM isn't replacing the faulty brake lines in their "mid 2000 trucks, even though it's a known problem that the brake lines rupture from corrosion about 5 years after manufacture. Should they start supplying new brake lines?

Why should Keystone be any different?

The decals are available at Trekwood, and many sign shops in most local areas have the capability to custom print decals for most anything including RV's. Now that you've made it clear that you won't be doing business with Keystone any longer, is there any motivation from them to try to keep you as a customer?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:48 PM   #13
GmaPaTime

John... This is another example of what you posted this morning.

Steve
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:54 PM   #14
Timon

Personally I'd be happy with no decals.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:52 AM   #15
JeffB

Montana - the worst looking RV on the road

I'm an owner of a 2008 Montana 5th wheel. These are the ones that all of the graphics are coming off.

Buyer Beware- Keystone will not/does not support or provide a warranty on nothing more than one year. Buy something else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0606150955.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	8883  
JeffB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:58 AM   #16
JeffB

This isn't the first time I've complained it's been a yearly event since the first year. And will continue to complain every time I wash my Montana.
JeffB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:52 AM   #17
jsmith948

Maybe you should wash your Montana and apply protectant more than once a year.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:03 PM   #18
ReadyToRoll

Think I would have to agree that the dealership plays a major role in the warranty process. We had a control panel problem shortly after our purchase. After finding out how to reset the system and not having a problem again until almost the end of the warranty period, The dealer without any pressure just ordered a new unit in and installed it at our convenience. Not to mention the blemish on the front cap that we didn't even notice. Our service person told us about it and again, at our convenience, refinished the front cap to include new decals. Looks better than new now. I have nothing at all bad to say about our dealer and as for Keystone, would purchase another.
ReadyToRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #19
Ram189

I work at a GM dealership and it amazes me how many people come in out of warranty and demand someone fix it for free "since they are barely out of warranty" Most are a year or more out when they start complaining.

https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps110a0f22.jpg
Ram189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:08 PM   #20
rbev2308

Maybe I am missing something here but my paperwork says that I have a five year warranty on front cap decals. Is that something new they started since 2011 since mine is a 2014? Clearly states it on their website and on brochures and my paperwork. I will be honest, I researched stuff so long I got a headache. Like 3 years. I found people pissed for Keystone, Heartland, Jayco, Forest River, all of them. At some point, you would think heck, I am not buying anything. I honestly think there are way way way more of these units on the road with no issues that ones with issues. Heck my family member has a 2010 Fuzion that has logged 27,000 miles with one flat tire and one minor plumbing leak. Brother has a 2005 Winnebago with over 30,000 miles as they camp 10 or more times per year and one slide motor and one minor leak. I think preventative maintenance is paramount to any success. I had some initial issues that I will admit, Keystone is slow as well as others (Dometic/Lippert) in obtaining answers but patience and persistence is good. Just recently had some issues with my Goodyear G series tires with 455 miles on them and Goodyear fired off one email, the installing dealer 300 miles away called and all is being worked out with no expense to me.
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote