Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2014, 04:27 AM   #1
penchar

2014 outback 316rl numerous problems

Just wondering if anyone else is having numerous problems with there 316rl and if these are normal as keystone customer service is difficult to talk to.

Here is a list of problems so far

rear slide out tore floor on first time use do to screw not installed properly at factory

kitchen sink surface coming off

finish on trim along ceiling coming off

both small rear side windows leaking do to lack of seal on one window and the other window being installed to low allowing the window to leak along the top

large window on back of trailer leaking due to exterior seals not being installed properly

electric tongue jack stopped working

smoke detector started going off for no reason (great wake up alarm)

stove not warming up to proper temperature (approx 85 degrees off)

shower stall screws and bottom of door frame starting to rust

black water tank gauges not working (reading full when empty)

If anyone else is having similar problems, or if these problems are normal with keystone and should I expect more to come, can you let me know as i am having no luck with this unit and keystone.
penchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:11 AM   #2
GaryWT

First off sorry you are having so many issues, leaks are never good. Some of these might be an easy fix. The tank sensors are always off, some stoves might heat up correctly but they are not your home stove, the tongue jack could be a fuse. What has your dealer said about this? You said that you are trying to talk to Keystone but I would leave that up to the dealer. If I had a list like you have, I would send it to my dealer so they could get what they needed and then pick a time frame between trips that you could bring it in. Let them know when you need it for your next trip so they know when they need to have it done. Good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote