Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2014, 05:45 AM   #21
Jager

Mguay - Thanks! Yes my hangers have that same gusset on mine (assume that is the small piece of metal welded in at the 45 degree angle).

I called a shop back home and sent them some photos of it. They think it will probably make it back but suggested taking it very easy. They also said the same thing as the guys on here, it most likely got bent from cranking the camper on a hard surface. I sat down with my wife and we figured out when that happened. When we got here the check in lady had me drive down into a parking lot and I had to really crank the camper around to get back out of there.

Wonderful. Oh well I ordered the HD Dexter system and will get all this fixed up when I get back. I'll be reinforcing those hangers big time too.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #22
Jager

mguay - Can't thank you enough for taking the time to post the photos.

I didn't dare try and travel with mine bent like that. To big a risk and not worth it.

I found a metal fabrication shop about 5 miles form the camp ground and limped it over there. I told him I wanted the spring hanger welds checked over and that I wanted the hangers reinforce to prevent them from rolling over again.

Ironically your 1 1/4" cross brace looks very similar to the "Cross Member" suspension improvement. I think theirs attaches to the bottom of the frame rails but whatever, similar idea. I'm going to have them weld a piece of channel between the suspension hangers too.

http://www.rvplus.com/mor-ryde-cross...FSdk7AodyVQA8w

As an FYI > > > I've been told the trick to getting a bottle jack to work horizontally was to put the pump side down. As long as the pump is still in (or getting) oil it will still work.

When I get mine back I'll post some photos. The guys are the shop said they see this kind of thing a lot.

I can't thank everyone who responded enough for all the help. I learned a lot from your posts and this really helped me. Thanks!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #23
mguay

Glad everything is working out!

Come back and post some pics of what they did!