Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #41
starman

Now that's actually not a bad idea.
starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:34 AM   #42
catmama6

2014 333MKS panel replacement

Our 2014 333MKS is Headed back down to dealer (2hrs away!) to replace the electrical panel that failed w/in 2 days of us taking possession of it.. After Much research, Old School Rocker Switch panel for us! Service Mgr. at the Dealer tried to convince me otherwise, Keystone tried to convince me otherwise, NO Way..Who needs to be their test Guinea Pig just b/c Keystone doesn't want to admit they have a problem...this unit is not coming back til there is the Rocker panel in it. Service mgr. Tried to treat me like a dumb woman & tell me they needed to analyze..then decide. So did Keystone..in the meantime the dealer got in a new 2014 333MKS, guess what kind of panel it had in it? Yes, the rocker switch panel...what does that say?
After getting the dealership owner on the phone, complaining of the treatment of the Svc. Mgr & Keystone...The Svc. Mgr. Called me back & is singing a whole different Tune....Lesson here, do lots of research, don't take status quo for an answer....now, fingers crossed that this is the end of the story....
catmama6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #43
starman

Panel replacement

I do understand how frustrating it is when the panel doesn't work and the ease of the rocker switch. However, I truly believe the pins on the electrical cord are barely long enough to make the proper connection and if it isn't pushed ALL the way in the panel goes out. It has been months now since we have had the problem because now we always make sure the electric plug is pushed in tightly so we have not had an issue. Therefore I truly believe the overall problem is with the electric cord and not the panel. I do hope others with this issue see this and give it a try before returning the unit to the dealer for replacement, because I know what a hassle that can be and a waste of time if there is actually nothing wrong with the panel itself.
Good luck with your unit.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #44
catmama6

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
I do understand how frustrating it is when the panel doesn't work and the ease of the rocker switch. However, I truly believe the pins on the electrical cord are barely long enough to make the proper connection and if it isn't pushed ALL the way in the panel goes out. It has been months now since we have had the problem because now we always make sure the electric plug is pushed in tightly so we have not had an issue. Therefore I truly believe the overall problem is with the electric cord and not the panel. I do hope others with this issue see this and give it a try before returning the unit to the dealer for replacement, because I know what a hassle that can be and a waste of time if there is actually nothing wrong with the panel itself.
Good luck with your unit.
You are probably absolutely right that this is an Additional problem...I appreciate your input & have printed your reply to have on hand to address...
More than anything, electrical problems are something we don't want to have to deal with. In researching, many others have encountered this problem even after replacing panels 2 or 3 times.This is something I pushed to get(the 5th wheel) so I need to do all I can to alleviate problems if possible..I also realize we are dealing w/ a unit that can have Many things go wrong & it wouldn't be realistic to think from now on we will be trouble free....live & learn. Maybe we wont be meant to own one of these....it takes a person who likes to work on or troubleshoot this kind of thing....We will live in during our remodel, then reassess whether this is something we will keep doing...glad to have a forum to share, learn & vent...
Old 01-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #45
mach22

Control Panel

My 2013 327RES panel stopped working (not sure it ever did). Tech came out checked the serial number against a list and said he would have to order a new panel. When installing the new panel, he said that a couple of the 'buttons' where reversed on these new panels. He made the correction, installed the panel and everything has been fine. That was last Aug. We are snowbirding and use the panel every day. On another note, I do make double sure the ground power connector is completely in.
mach22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #46
starman

Control Panel

I'm glad your issue was resolved. As I stated before I am not sure there was ever a problem with the actual panel but more the pins on the electrical plug. It's a shame to see all these RVers be without their rig while they change them out when it may not have been necessary.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #47
Ray 51

Fed Up

We are having major issues with our brand new 333mks. We had an apt with Camping world on 1/8/2014 it took until 1/15/2014 for Keystone to approve a new brain that goes in the front compartment. I don't think that is the only problem! I think the panel is junk.
our awning got stuck in the extended position, I had to take the hex screws out and manually retract it. I closed the storage panel under the master slide and the bedroom slide went in by itself and wouldn't come back out. Luckily there wasn't anything in front of the bed or something would have broke or crushed. The part is still not in!! I am not one to make payments on something that can't be used or enjoyed. I am convinced this camper is very pretty and laid out very nice but the electronics are not made to bounce down the road!!
Ray 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #48
starman

major issues with 333MKS

I am sorry to hear about all your problems with your new rig. I too would be extremely frustrated. We too bought our rig at a Camping World I am happy to say we had very quick response with any issue although they have not seemed to be as severe as yours. With our last unit (bought out of town not locally) it was harder to get responses to any issue we had so I contacted Keystone directly. They assigned us a case number and got to work on the problem right away. May be an option for you if you are having such bad luck with the dealer. Good Luck.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:34 AM   #49
micar

DW and I were at the Toronto RV show and all the Keystone fivers that we looked at have rocker switches instead of the touch panels. Didn't notice any remotes, but they may have been removed to prevent theft. We talked to a keystone rep. who seemed to have no knowledge of the touch panel problems?? he said he was from the west coast so maybe the components they use there are different.
So we talked to a salesman from the dealership we bought our 333mks from and asked if he thought keystone would retrofit back to rocker style switches, he suggested we call the service dept at the dealership.
Maybe there is hope????
On the bright side of things we didn't see a floor plan we like better than ours so no temptation to get the chequebook out!!!!
micar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:53 AM   #50
starman

It always seems that when the manufacturers come out with a new model and there are any issues whatever that issue was has been changed on the newer model at the next RV show, So even though they may act like they are unaware of whatever the issue was, someone is listening. Glad you didn't see any floor model you liked better than what you have, that's always a good feeling. I know we loves ours, so roomy and spacious....327RES
Old 01-31-2014, 02:22 PM   #51
Ray 51

Ours is a 2014 model, but last night I went to the camping world web site and the store we purchased ours from has a 2014 333mks with rocker switches.
My diplomatic other half spoke with Keystone today and we contacted our service guy, supposedly we can have ours switched out. Hopefully sometime before 2015! Our other part, the brain should be here Monday. fingers crossed!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:28 PM   #52
starman

Awesome..................Glad to hear it.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #53
catmama6

Wink 333mks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray 51 View Post
Ours is a 2014 model, but last night I went to the camping world web site and the store we purchased ours from has a 2014 333mks with rocker switches.
My diplomatic other half spoke with Keystone today and we contacted our service guy, supposedly we can have ours switched out. Hopefully sometime before 2015! Our other part, the brain should be here Monday. fingers crossed!
We Also bought the 2014 333MKS with flat electrical panel...It stopped working right away! Back to the dealer(2 hours away, had to pay to have it professionally hauled b/c we dont have the hitch, were going to live in it while house being remodeled) after lots of research, phone calls, to dealer, dealer owner, dealer service dept & Keystone, we told them it was not to come back w/out the Rocker switch panel...Hauled it back on Weds w/ a beautiful rocker panel w/matching door to the bedroom door...Seems to work Great! I dont have the desire to mess w/something that is poorly designed & I dont understand... I'll leave that up to those who have the time, desire & knowhow...my husband is Way to busy too mess w/something that should work easily for what you pay for these things...Still love the floor plan...hope to love the unit in the future but will stay up to speed on what others are experiencing....Happy Trails...
Old 02-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #54
Jaybird442

Cougar touchpad

We have had our 2010 Cougar 276 RLS since new and have had a few minor issues but overall it has been the right RV for us.
We are on our winter getaway trip to Southern California and have discovered our touchpad stopped working but our transmitter remote works fine. At first just the slide, awning, and front jacks didn't respond. Now none of the switches work.
Is there a quick fix?
Jaybird442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #55
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird442 View Post
We have had our 2010 Cougar 276 RLS since new and have had a few minor issues but overall it has been the right RV for us.
We are on our winter getaway trip to Southern California and have discovered our touchpad stopped working but our transmitter remote works fine. At first just the slide, awning, and front jacks didn't respond. Now none of the switches work.
Is there a quick fix?
Welcome to the forum and to Keystone. If you start at page #1 of this thread and read all the posts, you'll find at least 4 possible options that have worked for some members. It seems resetting the control panel is the most popular and the most effective. The procedure is located in this thread. Also, you might want to use the search feature located in the top blue bar which is on every forum page to search for similar threads with even more information. Use search terms such as "Cougar problems" "control panel" or similar terms to find the threads you want.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #56
Jaybird442

Control panel

Our touch panel inside our Cougar has rocker switches but none currently work. The transmitter works the awning and slide fine. It seems I need to reset the control panel as no electricity is getting to the touch pad. How does one reset the control panel located in the battery compartment.
Jaybird442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #57
Mover480

Look closely at it. You will see a small black reset button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2014, 10:59 AM   #58
Ray 51

The camper went back to camping world Wed. supposed to switch out the brain, it did nothing! They had to hot wire the landing gear to get it off my truck!! Called Thurs to say Keystone sent the wrong part. Over nighting, we'll see come Monday. I am quickly loosing faith in this manufacturer!!
Old 02-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #59
Ray 51

Quote:
The camper went back to camping world Wed. supposed to switch out the brain, it did nothing! They had to hot wire the landing gear to get it off my truck!! Called Thurs to say Keystone sent the wrong part. Over nighting, we'll see come Monday. I am quickly loosing faith in this manufacturer!!
ok the new part is installed, they said everything is working from the new remote control, but the awning still won't work from the control panel. they are ordering the rocker panel, I hope that finally fixes everything!
Old 02-19-2014, 04:25 AM   #60
Ray 51

Angry

Quote:
ok the new part is installed, they said everything is working from the new remote control, but the awning still won't work from the control panel. they are ordering the rocker panel, I hope that finally fixes everything!
It has been there since 2/5 and still not fixed!!